"If you're honest and open, he will write you a song," sings Zac Brown in "Martin," an ode to his acoustic guitar. Honesty and openness are articles of faith for Brown, whose smash 2008 single, "Chicken Fried," made him an overnight country star. He specializes in high-earnest homespun: woodsy songs with three-part-harmony vocals and lyrics full of folksy homilies. Brown is a fine guitarist who sings with husky warmth, and the ZBB have jam-band chops and a songwriterly knack for hooks. But just when you're starting to enjoy the sound, another of Brown's two-bit life lessons — "Hear what the land has to say/Quiet your mind" — hits with a thud.
You Get What You Give
- You Get What You Give
- Zac Brown Band
- Southern Ground/Atlantic
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Real People Screwed By 'True-Story' Movies Based On Them
MTV News19 Songs You Didn’t Know Ed Sheeran Wrote
VultureEvery American Idol Finalist, Ranked From Worst to Best
Diffuser27 Rockers Who Died At Age 27
Mental Floss11 Actors Who Asked For Their Characters To Be Killed Off
Salon10 Insane Climax Tips
- Gwen Stefani Enlists George Clooney, Julia Roberts for 'Carpool Karaoke'
- See System of a Down's Serj Tankian Perform New Political Song 'Artsakh'
- Prince: Remembering the Rock Star, Funk Lord, Provocateur, Genius
- Watch Paul McCartney Cover Prince's 'Let's Go Crazy' in Minneapolis
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’: Why Chris Evans Is the Anxious Avenger
- Ted Cruz Will Die So That You May Live
- Ladies and Gentlemen, the GOP Presidential Nominee, Donald Trump
- A Final Visit With Prince: Rolling Stone's Lost Cover Story