The Wanted are a boy band with a man's disposition: They drink, they get into arguments, and they tend to see women as passive creatures waiting around in heels to be redeemed or get their hearts broken. They cloak their casual misogyny in trying to look sensitive, alternating rakish club pop like "Walks Like Rihanna" with post-Coldplay ballads in which everyone gets a chance to brood. In either case, the sound is big and lead-footed, using gang choruses to remind you to have fun and string sections when things stiffen and get sad. The truth? The promise that they're gonna pour their love all over you is twice as charming – and half as creepy – as the one that they're gonna keep you safe.
Word of Mouth
- Word of Mouth
- The Wanted
From The Archives Issue 1197: December 5, 2013
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Cracked6 Bands That Reinvented Themselves To Get Famous
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- A Polygamist Cult's Last Stand: The Rise and Fall of Warren Jeffs
- Watch Triumph the Insult Comic Dog Slam Politically Correct Youth Voters
- Slay Anything: Is Beyonce Beyond Criticism?
- Stephen King on 'Dark Tower' Movie: 'It's Likely to Happen'
- 40 Greatest TV Villains of All Time
- Max Weinberg on 'River' Tour, What He Learned From Bruce Springsteen
- 100 Greatest Guitarists