This past spring, rap's top weedhead scored a lung-busting hit with "We Dem Boyz," a street anthem unlike anything he'd done before. It was a surprisingly fun departure, but the rest of Khalifa's fifth solo album sticks more closely to his usual formula: supremely chill singsong flows about how much Wiz loves to get high, over beats as softly enveloping as a cloud of sweet smoke. "KK" is a heartfelt love song for his favorite strain of sticky green (the custom-crossbred Khalifa Kush); on the misleadingly titled "Raw," he daydreams about "book[ing] a flight with Miley Cyrus, and we're going to the stars." Blacc Hollywood makes you want to come along for the ride.
- Blacc Hollywood
- Wiz Khalifa
From The Archives Issue 1217: September 11, 2014
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
Cracked5 Iconic Songs Despised by the People Who Created Them
SalonThe 20 Most Underrated Albums Of All Time
Cracked7 Musicians Whose Trademark Looks Were Hiding Something
Mental Floss15 Famous Songs With Misunderstood Meanings
Cinema Blend20 Misconceptions About Sex
- Brothers Johnson's Louis Johnson, Michael Jackson Bassist, Dead at 60
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Hear Drake and Beyonce Ask 'Can I' on Leaked Song
- Watch Coldplay Adapt 'Game of Thrones' Into Ridiculous Musical
- Dave Matthews on Summer Tour: 'We're Trying Not to Suck'
- Phil Collins Beats The Odds
- 500 Greatest Songs of All Time
- Jack White Pens Poem 'Music Is Sacred'