This past spring, rap's top weedhead scored a lung-busting hit with "We Dem Boyz," a street anthem unlike anything he'd done before. It was a surprisingly fun departure, but the rest of Khalifa's fifth solo album sticks more closely to his usual formula: supremely chill singsong flows about how much Wiz loves to get high, over beats as softly enveloping as a cloud of sweet smoke. "KK" is a heartfelt love song for his favorite strain of sticky green (the custom-crossbred Khalifa Kush); on the misleadingly titled "Raw," he daydreams about "book[ing] a flight with Miley Cyrus, and we're going to the stars." Blacc Hollywood makes you want to come along for the ride.
- Blacc Hollywood
- Wiz Khalifa
From The Archives Issue 1217: September 11, 2014
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Famous Movies That Were Insane Parties Behind the Scenes
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
Diffuser27 Rockers Who Died at Age 27
Mental Floss33 Surprising Stories Behind Famous Songs
Screen Rant10 Decisions That Ruined Movies
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
- Watch Lauryn Hill's Show-Stopping 'Feeling Good' on 'Tonight Show'
- Jimmy Carter: U.S. Is an 'Oligarchy With Unlimited Political Bribery'
- 'True Detective' Recap: Burning Down the House
- Up in the Air: Meet the Man Who Flies Around the World for Free
- Foo Fighters Promise to Visit Italian Town After Viral Video
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Eminem Reveals How Drug Use Led to Weight Gain, Recovery
- Dr. Dre Details Long-Awaited 'Compton: A Soundtrack'