This past spring, rap's top weedhead scored a lung-busting hit with "We Dem Boyz," a street anthem unlike anything he'd done before. It was a surprisingly fun departure, but the rest of Khalifa's fifth solo album sticks more closely to his usual formula: supremely chill singsong flows about how much Wiz loves to get high, over beats as softly enveloping as a cloud of sweet smoke. "KK" is a heartfelt love song for his favorite strain of sticky green (the custom-crossbred Khalifa Kush); on the misleadingly titled "Raw," he daydreams about "book[ing] a flight with Miley Cyrus, and we're going to the stars." Blacc Hollywood makes you want to come along for the ride.
- Blacc Hollywood
- Wiz Khalifa
From The Archives Issue 1217: September 11, 2014
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
Guitar WorldThe 30 Most Badass Guitarists of All Time
DiffuserThe 10 Nastiest Feuds In Alternative Music
Mental Floss7 Movies That Sent People Running Out of Theaters
SalonTop 11 'SNL' Political Sketches Of All Time
CrackedThe 18 Most Baffling Lines Of Dialogue In Movie History
- There Is No Real Hillary Clinton
- Keith Richards on Getting Busted, Zeppelin and Stones’ Future
- Hear Grunge Supergroup Ten Commandos' 'Staring Down the Dust'
- Putin's Angels: Inside Russia's Most Infamous Motorcycle Club
- Sammy Hagar: 'If I Joined Van Halen Right Now, I'd Feel Like a Hypocrite'
- Frank Zappa's Widow Gail Zappa Dead at 70
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Inside the Wesleyan Molly Bust