This past spring, rap's top weedhead scored a lung-busting hit with "We Dem Boyz," a street anthem unlike anything he'd done before. It was a surprisingly fun departure, but the rest of Khalifa's fifth solo album sticks more closely to his usual formula: supremely chill singsong flows about how much Wiz loves to get high, over beats as softly enveloping as a cloud of sweet smoke. "KK" is a heartfelt love song for his favorite strain of sticky green (the custom-crossbred Khalifa Kush); on the misleadingly titled "Raw," he daydreams about "book[ing] a flight with Miley Cyrus, and we're going to the stars." Blacc Hollywood makes you want to come along for the ride.
- Blacc Hollywood
- Wiz Khalifa
From The Archives Issue 1217: September 11, 2014
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
- How Coheed and Cambria Broke Concept-Album Streak on New LP
- Keith Richards: Rap Is for 'Tone-Deaf People'
- Watch Justin Bieber, Questlove Battle in Drum-Off Rematch on 'Fallon'
- Andrew Luck: The Natural
- Readers' Poll: The 10 Best Elton John Deep Cuts
- Fall Music Preview 2015: 30 Must-Hear Albums
- High Desert Suicide: Was a Prison Guard Hazed to Death?
- Scorpions' 'Wind of Change': The Oral History of 1990's Epic Power Ballad