These 13 songs by Ben Harper and his new backing band surround Harper's voice with a revved-up racket — rippling blues-guitar leads, rumbling bass and busy, inventive beats from drummer Jordan Richardson. The noise is welcome, but Harper can be a graceless vocalist (check the screechy overemoting in "Boots Like These" and "Lay There & Hate Me"), and his songs about crumbling relationships strain for significance amid pronouncements like "I'm serenaded by a chorus of a thousand burning cigarettes."
White Lies for Dark Times
- White Lies for Dark Times
- Ben Harper
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
Cracked4 Lead Singers That Sound Shockingly Bad Without the Band
Cinema Blend15 Incredible Facts You Didn't Know About Back To The Future
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
- Hear Slayer's Eerie New Crusher 'When the Stillness Comes'
- Being Ringo: A Beatle's All-Starr Life
- Black Sabbath's Bill Ward: 'I Don't Know If I'm a Member'
- Campaign 2016: Hillary Clinton's Fake Populism Is a Hit
- Bill Withers: The Soul Man Who Walked Away
- Dave Grohl on First Foo Fighters Show: 'I Was F--king Mortified'
- Green Day Return to the Stage With Raucous, Career-Spanning Cleveland Gig
- The Dukes of Oxy: How a Band of Teen Wrestlers Built a Smuggling Empire