Hooking up with the jam-band scene may have been the worst thing Robert Randolph could have done. Though amazing live, he has never recorded a great album — until now. Randolph puts overcooked funk on the back burner and offers up his specialty: pure gospel spiced with steel guitar. Producer T Bone Burnett works subtly, using old samples of standards like "Traveling Shoes" as segues into Randolph's songs, and Randolph finds the sweet, soulful spot covering tunes by three rock legends: Bob Dylan ("Shot of Love"), Prince ("Walk Don't Walk") and John Lennon ("I Don't Wanna Be a Soldier Mama").
We Walk This Road
- We Walk This Road
- Robert Randolph and the Family Band
- Warner Bros.
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
Guitar WorldThe 13 Creepiest Album Covers of All Time
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
Guitar WorldThe 10 Best Stage Names of All Time
SalonThe 7 Most Offensive TV Shows Of All Time
Men's Journal9 Traits That Attract Women
- Hear Drake Demolish Meek Mill on 'Back to Back' Freestyle
- Meek Mill's Drake Diss 'Is Trash': Sports World Reacts to 'Wanna Know'
- 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper Dead at 61
- Meek Mill Fires Back at Drake With 'Wanna Know'
- Tom Brady: Sympathy for the Devil
- Watch Lauryn Hill's Show-Stopping 'Feeling Good' on 'Tonight Show'
- Eminem Reveals How Drug Use Led to Weight Gain, Recovery
- The 10 Wildest Rap Beefs of All Time