Hooking up with the jam-band scene may have been the worst thing Robert Randolph could have done. Though amazing live, he has never recorded a great album — until now. Randolph puts overcooked funk on the back burner and offers up his specialty: pure gospel spiced with steel guitar. Producer T Bone Burnett works subtly, using old samples of standards like "Traveling Shoes" as segues into Randolph's songs, and Randolph finds the sweet, soulful spot covering tunes by three rock legends: Bob Dylan ("Shot of Love"), Prince ("Walk Don't Walk") and John Lennon ("I Don't Wanna Be a Soldier Mama").
We Walk This Road
- We Walk This Road
- Robert Randolph and the Family Band
- Warner Bros.
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal10 Sex Positions That Will Get Her Off Every Time
Cracked22 Movies That Made Huge Mistakes You Completely Missed
Mental Floss10 People Banned From SNL
Salon10 Famous Geniuses And Their Drugs Of Choice
MTV News6 Cringe-Worthy VMA Moments We’ll Never Forget
Men's Journal9 Traits That Attract Women
- Watch Taylor Swift Sing 'Smelly Cat' With Lisa Kudrow at L.A. Show
- Dez Bryant: The Survivor
- Donald Trump Just Stopped Being Funny
- Hear Justin Bieber's Soul-Searching New Single, 'What Do You Mean?'
- Watch Amy Schumer, Jennifer Lawrence Dance Atop Billy Joel's Piano
- Miley Cyrus Slams Nicki Minaj Over VMAs Snub Reaction
- N.W.A: American Gangstas
- Russell Wilson: The Chosen One