Hooking up with the jam-band scene may have been the worst thing Robert Randolph could have done. Though amazing live, he has never recorded a great album — until now. Randolph puts overcooked funk on the back burner and offers up his specialty: pure gospel spiced with steel guitar. Producer T Bone Burnett works subtly, using old samples of standards like "Traveling Shoes" as segues into Randolph's songs, and Randolph finds the sweet, soulful spot covering tunes by three rock legends: Bob Dylan ("Shot of Love"), Prince ("Walk Don't Walk") and John Lennon ("I Don't Wanna Be a Soldier Mama").
We Walk This Road
- We Walk This Road
- Robert Randolph and the Family Band
- Warner Bros.
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
- 50 Cent Arrested for Profanity-Laced Concert in St. Kitts
- Barely Legal: 30 Nearly Pornographic Mainstream Films
- Watch Adele Perform 'Someone Like You' at Glastonbury
- Brexit Offers Lesson in the Danger of Protest Votes
- 'Saturday Night Live': All 141 Cast Members Ranked
- Kanye West Unveils Provocative, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video
- 30 Best 'Game of Thrones' Villains
- Guns N' Roses Thrill in Detroit With Electric Reunion Tour Opener