As the name suggests, much of Vapor City, the second album from EDM whiz Travis Stewart's Machinedrum project, is bathed in aural fog. But where 2011's Room(s) messed with hyper, drum-machined-driven Chicago footwork, here the rhythms veer toward rolling drum and bass breaks, and the mood is a lot more relaxed. Drums underpin samples that loop and build and vary with purpose — see "Baby It's U," which Stewart distorts and smears into ever-more-lovelorn shapes. He makes them sound like songs, not just tracks — all the better to go with his own sung "U Still Lie," a slushy goth/New Wave ballad for the ages.
- Vapor City
- Ninja Tune
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
Cracked4 Lead Singers That Sound Shockingly Bad Without the Band
Cinema Blend15 Incredible Facts You Didn't Know About Back To The Future
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
- Read Miley Cyrus' Badass Hall of Fame Speech for Joan Jett
- Yoko Ono: Ringo Starr 'Was the Most Influential Beatle'
- Joan Jett Delivers Blistering Rock Hall Set With Dave Grohl, Miley Cyrus
- Being Ringo: A Beatle's All-Starr Life
- The Dukes of Oxy: How a Band of Teen Wrestlers Built a Smuggling Empire
- Stephen Colbert Admits He Didn't Want to Host 'Daily Show'
- Watch Batman and Superman Clash in New 'Dawn of Justice' Trailer
- Hear Slayer's Eerie New Crusher 'When the Stillness Comes'