At this late date in history, listening to R. Kelly document his busy sex life is like listening to an old jazzman run through standards — it's exactly what you expect, but when he's inspired it's well worth your time. One of his horniest albums yet (!), Kelly's 10th gets ridiculous fast, like on "Pregnant," where he turns the line "Girl, you make me wanna get you pregnant" into a lubricious refrain. Kelly's studio skills and uncommon tune sense come through on cuts like "Exit" — his warm, high-pitched melodies spin skyward over a bright piano — and "Text Me" ("Text me back somethin' freaky/Let me know just how you wanna do me"). One nice touch: Kelly is getting unselfish in his middle age (see "Go Low," an ode to cunnilingus).
- R. Kelly
- Jive Records
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies of All-Time According to Chris Rock
Bleacher ReportThe Worst Picks in NFL Draft History
Men's Journal12 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
Cracked28 Great Movie Moments Created By Ignoring The Script
Men's Journal10 Sexual Hygiene Tips for Better Sex
Cinema BlendTop 10 Grossest TV Moments
- George Clinton: Doctor Atomic
- Tatiana Maslany on That Emmys Snub and Playing Nine Roles on 'Orphan Black'
- 11 Things We Learned From Bruce Jenner's Coming Out Interview
- Hear Pete Townshend's Orchestral Remake of the Who's 'Love, Reign O'er Me'
- DaveWatch: Countdown to Letterman's Last 'Late Show,' Day 19
- Neil Young and Stephen Stills Light Up the Stage at L.A. Autism Benefit
- Watch Brandon Flowers' Creepy, Retro 'Lonely Town' Video
- Watch Jason Isbell Pay Tribute to Warren Zevon on 'Letterman'