At this late date in history, listening to R. Kelly document his busy sex life is like listening to an old jazzman run through standards — it's exactly what you expect, but when he's inspired it's well worth your time. One of his horniest albums yet (!), Kelly's 10th gets ridiculous fast, like on "Pregnant," where he turns the line "Girl, you make me wanna get you pregnant" into a lubricious refrain. Kelly's studio skills and uncommon tune sense come through on cuts like "Exit" — his warm, high-pitched melodies spin skyward over a bright piano — and "Text Me" ("Text me back somethin' freaky/Let me know just how you wanna do me"). One nice touch: Kelly is getting unselfish in his middle age (see "Go Low," an ode to cunnilingus).
- R. Kelly
- Jive Records
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast20 Things You Didn’t Know About Pulp Fiction
SalonThe 13 Most Cringeworthy Sex Scenes in ‘Girls’
The Daily BeastInside New York’s Most Elite Sex Party
Salon10 Songs with Hidden Drug References
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
- Bloodied Van Halen Play Wild, Reckless Set on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- Rolling Stones Announce Summer Tour, 'Sticky Fingers' Reissue
- 15 Best Lines From Justin Bieber's Roast
- 'Clear' and Present Danger: Alex Gibney on His Bold Scientology Doc
- 10 Things We Learned From Scientology Doc 'Going Clear'
- Joni Mitchell Hospitalized in Los Angeles
- 5 Things We Learned From 'Walking Dead''s Season 5 Finale
- Miley Cyrus Promises 'New Rights Movement' After Controversial Indiana Law