At this late date in history, listening to R. Kelly document his busy sex life is like listening to an old jazzman run through standards — it's exactly what you expect, but when he's inspired it's well worth your time. One of his horniest albums yet (!), Kelly's 10th gets ridiculous fast, like on "Pregnant," where he turns the line "Girl, you make me wanna get you pregnant" into a lubricious refrain. Kelly's studio skills and uncommon tune sense come through on cuts like "Exit" — his warm, high-pitched melodies spin skyward over a bright piano — and "Text Me" ("Text me back somethin' freaky/Let me know just how you wanna do me"). One nice touch: Kelly is getting unselfish in his middle age (see "Go Low," an ode to cunnilingus).
- R. Kelly
- Jive Records
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
DiffuserThe 10 Nastiest Feuds In Alternative Music
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Guitar WorldThe Beatles' 10 Greatest Guitar Moments
SalonThe 20 Most Underrated Albums Of All Time
Mental Floss11 Famous Actors Who Apologized for Their Own Movies
TestTubeHow Long Should Sex Last?
- Rupert Murdoch Is Deviant Scum
- Hear Pharrell's Sultry Remix of A Tribe Called Quest's 'Bonita Applebum'
- Inside the Koch Brothers' Toxic Empire
- See August Burns Red's 'Ghosts' Video Featuring A Day to Remember Singer
- Inside Motley Crue's Live Excess: From Roller Coaster Drums to Fire-Spitting Bass
- Please Don't Call Ronda Rousey Fat
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Donald Trump Just Stopped Being Funny