"Trent Reznor wants to be friends on Facebook" — the phrase does not roll off the tongue. But with help from producer Atticus Ross, Reznor has made a solid soundtrack to David Fincher's movie by doing what he's always done: creating grand industrial rock, including a stormy, synth-powered version of Edvard Grieg's orchestral "In the Hall of the Mountain King." It's creepy mood music for the brave new world, where all "friends" are virtual.
The Social Network: Original Soundtrack
- The Social Network: Original Soundtrack
- Trent Reznor
- The Null Corporation
From The Archives Issue 1116: October 28, 2010
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies of All-Time According to Chris Rock
Bleacher ReportWhat It's Like to Be in Mayweather's Entourage
Men's JournalDo Men Suck at Friendship?
Men's Journal10 Ways to Maximize Pleasure During Sex
Cracked4 Lead Singers That Sound Shockingly Bad Without the Band
Cinema BlendTop 10 Steamiest Sex Scenes
- 5 Things We Learned From 2015 White House Correspondents' Dinner
- Native American Actors Defend Adam Sandler's 'Ridiculous 6'
- 'Game of Thrones' Recap: Sins of the Flesh
- Jared Leto Debuts Ghoulish 'Suicide Squad' Version of the Joker
- 'Super Troopers 2' Officially a Go After Crowdfunding $4.4 Million
- 11 Things We Learned From Bruce Jenner's Coming Out Interview
- Avengers: Age of Ultron
- Navajo Actress Explains Why She Left Adam Sandler 'Ridiculous 6' Set