Like Erykah Badu's kooky big sis, Macy Gray has been balancing freakiness and mainstream shine since 1999. Despite the title, her new album is a softer sell — and more appealing — than 2007's Will.i.am-assisted Big. "Beauty in the World" is viral, hand-clap-powered gospel folk; there's a surprisingly fun Velvet Revolver collab, and a Bobby Brown duet nearly as good as her classic jam with Ol' Dirty. Fact is, with her sexy oddball rasp, she generates more heat selling out than gettin' freaky. And we love freaks.
- The Sellout
- Macy Gray
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
AskMenThe Top 99 Outstanding Women of 2015
Men's Journal12 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
The Daily BeastInside the Racy 'Sex Box' Reality Show
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
Salon5 Mysteries We Hope the “X-Files” Reboot Will Resolve
Cinema Blend10 Great Movies To Watch Before Netflix Gets Rid Of Them On April 1
- The Children of ISIS
- James Taylor's Mellow Rebirth: Inside 'Before This World'
- Rihanna Asserts Her Dominance on New Song 'Bitch Better Have My Money'
- Indiana Governor Signs Controversial 'Religious Freedom' Bill
- Dr. Dre Talks N.W.A Biopic, Eazy-E's Death, Eminem and Making New Music
- Roger Daltrey: 'I Want Us to Stop at the Top of Our Game'
- No, Kentucky Couldn't Beat an NBA Team
- James Franco on 'The Interview': 'We Never Felt We Were Doing Something Wrong'