Like Erykah Badu's kooky big sis, Macy Gray has been balancing freakiness and mainstream shine since 1999. Despite the title, her new album is a softer sell — and more appealing — than 2007's Will.i.am-assisted Big. "Beauty in the World" is viral, hand-clap-powered gospel folk; there's a surprisingly fun Velvet Revolver collab, and a Bobby Brown duet nearly as good as her classic jam with Ol' Dirty. Fact is, with her sexy oddball rasp, she generates more heat selling out than gettin' freaky. And we love freaks.
- The Sellout
- Macy Gray
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mental FlossHow 12 Famous Rappers Picked Their Names
Cinema Blend10 Great Shows That Went Way Downhill
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Salon10 Famous Geniuses And Their Drugs Of Choice
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
- 9 Things We Learned From the Kurt Cobain Doc 'Montage of Heck'
- Watch John Oliver Explore Insanity of Standardized Testing
- Noel Gallagher Sounds Off on Tidal, Zayn Malik and Same-Sex Marriage
- 'The Dance' at 25: How Garth Brooks' Weeper Became an Unlikely Hit
- Eric Clapton Celebrates 70th Birthday With All-Star New York Show
- 'The Voice' Top Six Recap: Unexpected Songs Steal the Show
- Watch Jimmy Fallon, Jack Black Remake Extreme's 'More Than Words' Video
- West Memphis Three's Damien Echols: 'Today Was My Original Execution Date'