This hip-hop-producer-turned-EDM-festival star operates under two guises. Live, he's a bombastic dervish; on record, he's mesmerizing, either glazing over limpid trance, or applying Molly'ed-up languor to a wider array of material. He takes the latter approach on this set, which remixes songs by EDM royalty (Wolfgang Gartner, Benny Benassi, Steve Aoki), while adding three of his own tracks (see the cartoony noir of "Darkside," one of the album's highlights). His deviations from that style are iffier: His closer with rapper Chase N. Cashe is at the end for a reason, and Taana Gardner's R&B touchstone "Heartbeat" really didn't need the chillwave treatment.
The Remixes Vol. 1
- The Remixes Vol. 1
- Ultra Music
From The Archives Issue 1189: August 15, 2013
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Cracked6 Bands That Reinvented Themselves To Get Famous
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- A Polygamist Cult's Last Stand: The Rise and Fall of Warren Jeffs
- 40 Greatest TV Villains of All Time
- Watch Triumph the Insult Comic Dog Slam Politically Correct Youth Voters
- Stephen King on 'Dark Tower' Movie: 'It's Likely to Happen'
- Hear David Crosby's Tender New Ballad With Snarky Puppy
- Max Weinberg on 'River' Tour, What He Learned From Bruce Springsteen
- How Metallica's Kirk Hammett Is Redefining the Sound of Guitar