This hip-hop-producer-turned-EDM-festival star operates under two guises. Live, he's a bombastic dervish; on record, he's mesmerizing, either glazing over limpid trance, or applying Molly'ed-up languor to a wider array of material. He takes the latter approach on this set, which remixes songs by EDM royalty (Wolfgang Gartner, Benny Benassi, Steve Aoki), while adding three of his own tracks (see the cartoony noir of "Darkside," one of the album's highlights). His deviations from that style are iffier: His closer with rapper Chase N. Cashe is at the end for a reason, and Taana Gardner's R&B touchstone "Heartbeat" really didn't need the chillwave treatment.
The Remixes Vol. 1
- The Remixes Vol. 1
- Ultra Music
From The Archives Issue 1189: August 15, 2013
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast20 Things You Didn’t Know About Pulp Fiction
SalonThe 13 Most Cringeworthy Sex Scenes in ‘Girls’
The Daily BeastInside New York’s Most Elite Sex Party
Salon10 Songs with Hidden Drug References
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
- 5 Things We Learned From 'Walking Dead''s Season 5 Finale
- Why Hiring Trevor Noah to Host 'The Daily Show' Is a Great Idea
- Why Trevor Noah Is a Great Choice to Host 'The Daily Show'
- Inside Scientology
- Jay Z, Kanye, Rihanna Throw Support Behind Streaming Service Tidal
- IHeartRadio Music Awards 2015's 10 Best and Worst Moments
- 10 Things We Learned From 'Going Clear'
- Willie Nelson and Merle Haggard Trade Hits at Historic South Texas Shows
- 'WrestleMania': Seth Rollins Reigns in California