This hip-hop-producer-turned-EDM-festival star operates under two guises. Live, he's a bombastic dervish; on record, he's mesmerizing, either glazing over limpid trance, or applying Molly'ed-up languor to a wider array of material. He takes the latter approach on this set, which remixes songs by EDM royalty (Wolfgang Gartner, Benny Benassi, Steve Aoki), while adding three of his own tracks (see the cartoony noir of "Darkside," one of the album's highlights). His deviations from that style are iffier: His closer with rapper Chase N. Cashe is at the end for a reason, and Taana Gardner's R&B touchstone "Heartbeat" really didn't need the chillwave treatment.
The Remixes Vol. 1
- The Remixes Vol. 1
- Ultra Music
From The Archives Issue 1189: August 15, 2013
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mental Floss10 Messages Hidden in the Background of Movies and TV Shows
Salon10 Insane Climax Tips
DiffuserThe 10 Nastiest Feuds In Alternative Music
Guitar WorldTop 10 Greatest Rock and Roll Song Endings of All Time
Cracked6 Hit Songs That Destroyed The Bands They Made Famous
SalonThe 15 Most Hated Bands Of The Last 30 Years
- 50 Wildest Guns N' Roses Moments
- Queen's Tragic Rhapsody
- The Inside Story of David Bowie's Stunning New Album, 'Blackstar'
- Watch Justin Bieber Sing in the Rain During 2015 AMAs Finale
- UFC's Conor McGregor: 'Donald Trump Can Shut His Big Mouth'
- 10 Things We Learned From Carly Simon's Revealing New Memoir
- Watch Jennifer Lopez's Dance to Nicki Minaj, the Weeknd in 2015 AMAs Opener