The last twelve months haven't been easy for Marilyn Manson. His Rock Is Dead Tour fractured when Hole jumped ship amid rancor and sneers. It went on hiatus after its star sprained his ankle onstage, then derailed completely after Manson's oeuvre was nonsensically implicated in the Columbine shootings. The Last Tour on Earth re-creates that ill-fated roadshow by splicing together tracks recorded everywhere from Cedar Rapids, Iowa, to Grand Rapids, Michigan. The album lacks the immediacy of a one-stop concert, but it does capture Manson's inimitable talent for spectacle. His evangelist-meets-carny-barker spiels about Gawd, rawk and muthafuckin' cops are hilarious, and the sound quality is appropriately huge on lavish numbers such as "Antichrist Superstar," "The Dope Show" and the Bowie-esque "Great Big White World." This isn't exactly the MC5's Kick Out the Jams, and you don't get to see Manson bare his bottom, but it's still good, dirty fun.
The Last Tour on Earth
- The Last Tour on Earth
- Marilyn Manson
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Cracked6 Bands That Reinvented Themselves To Get Famous
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- A Polygamist Cult's Last Stand: The Rise and Fall of Warren Jeffs
- Watch Triumph the Insult Comic Dog Slam Politically Correct Youth Voters
- 40 Greatest TV Villains of All Time
- Max Weinberg on 'River' Tour, What He Learned From Bruce Springsteen
- How Metallica's Kirk Hammett Is Redefining the Sound of Guitar
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Watch Samantha Bee Tear Down Kansas Senator on 'Full Frontal' Premiere