More than a decade ago, Linkin Park sold a couple zillion records by making better-than-Bizkit rap metal and collaborating with Jay Z. They've since wandered the emo wilderness, and singer Chester Bennington is now also fronting Stone Temple Pilots. But on Album Six they're back with a retro-neo-aggro sound that would've been too intense for modern-rock radio in 1999. Tom Morello guests on guitar; the mook-punk yowler "Guilty All the Same" features oldschool rap god Rakim. Even pushing 40, these dudes can still bring it like backward-ball-cap warriors hopped up on Mountain Dew and Dad's fourth divorce.
The Hunting Party
- The Hunting Party
- Linkin Park
- Machine Shop/Warner Bros.
From The Archives Issue 1212: July 3, 2014
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
- Kanye West Unveils Provocative, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video
- Barely Legal: 30 Nearly Pornographic Mainstream Films
- Guns N' Roses Thrill in Detroit With Electric Reunion Tour Opener
- How the 'Warcraft' Movie Failed
- 500 Greatest Songs of All Time
- Getting Naked on the Cover of Rolling Stone
- 5 Hilarious WTF Courtroom Moments
- Booting Ass and Taking Names: Country's 20 Best Revenge Songs