At a time when extreme sex and violence are available 24/7/365 at the click of a mouse, Devil Incarnate is a career choice that pays increasingly diminishing returns. But Marilyn Manson still wants the gig. In 1996, refrains like "You're as pretty as a swastika" and "It's Arma-goddamn-motherfuckin'-geddon" might have raised a few hackles, but in 2009 those lyrics hold little shock value. The best moments come in ballads like the blues-tinged "Four Rusted Horses." In such songs, Manson is almost endearing: just a big, melancholy dude with face paint. It's a less glamorous job title than Antichrist Superstar, but these days, it suits him better.
The High End of Low
- The High End of Low
- Marilyn Manson
- Universal Distribution
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
Cracked4 Lead Singers That Sound Shockingly Bad Without the Band
Cinema Blend15 Incredible Facts You Didn't Know About Back To The Future
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
- Being Ringo: A Beatle's All-Starr Life
- Hear Slayer's Eerie New Crusher 'When the Stillness Comes'
- Black Sabbath's Bill Ward: 'I Don't Know If I'm a Member'
- Campaign 2016: Hillary Clinton's Fake Populism Is a Hit
- Watch John Krasinski Nail N'Sync's 'Bye Bye Bye' on 'Lip Sync Battle'
- Dave Grohl on First Foo Fighters Show: 'I Was F--king Mortified'
- Tim McGraw's Sandy Hook Show Sparks Controversy, Billy Currington Bails
- Bill Withers: The Soul Man Who Walked Away