A shaky stab at Soulja manhood, the third disc from the "Crank That" cutie finds him hitting drinking age, torn between pup and pit bull. "Soulja Boy rich/Sayin' 'Fuck an allowance,' " he raps. R&B nuggets like "Blowin' Me Kisses" update the innocent charm that made him a star, and his knack for spare ringtone hooks grows apace ("30 Thousand 100 Million" has a five-note keyboard figure that sounds like a Nineties modem going online). But the beats are often joyless, and Soulja's boasts about his dick and his "mean mug" are bland and jaundiced. "Grammy" (as in "I deserve a …") takes unearned arrogance to Durstian heights.
The DeAndre Way
- The DeAndre Way
- Soulja Boy
- Stacks on Deck/Interscope
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
SalonThe 19 Greatest Double Entendre Songs
VultureAll 169 Seinfeld Episodes, Ranked from Worst to Best
Guitar WorldThe 20 Best Rock Guitar Intros of All Time
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
Cracked7 Insane Things TV Shows Did When They Ran Out Of Money
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Watch Lady Gaga Sing Stirring National Anthem at Super Bowl 50
- Watch Coldplay, Beyonce and Bruno Mars Rock Super Bowl 50 Halftime
- Super Bowl Halftime Shows Ranked: From Worst to Best
- The Vampire Squid Tells Us How to Vote
- 100 Greatest Guitarists
- See Larry David's 'Bern Your Enthusiasm' 'SNL' Parody
- Watch Larry David and Bernie Sanders' Sinking Ship 'SNL' Sketch