A shaky stab at Soulja manhood, the third disc from the "Crank That" cutie finds him hitting drinking age, torn between pup and pit bull. "Soulja Boy rich/Sayin' 'Fuck an allowance,' " he raps. R&B nuggets like "Blowin' Me Kisses" update the innocent charm that made him a star, and his knack for spare ringtone hooks grows apace ("30 Thousand 100 Million" has a five-note keyboard figure that sounds like a Nineties modem going online). But the beats are often joyless, and Soulja's boasts about his dick and his "mean mug" are bland and jaundiced. "Grammy" (as in "I deserve a …") takes unearned arrogance to Durstian heights.
The DeAndre Way
- The DeAndre Way
- Soulja Boy
- Stacks on Deck/Interscope
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
AskMenThe Top 99 Outstanding Women of 2015
Men's Journal12 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
The Daily BeastInside the Racy 'Sex Box' Reality Show
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
Salon5 Mysteries We Hope the “X-Files” Reboot Will Resolve
Cinema Blend10 Great Movies To Watch Before Netflix Gets Rid Of Them On April 1
- The Neverending Nightmare of Amanda Knox
- New Tupac Music From the Vaults Headed for Release
- The Children of ISIS
- James Taylor's Mellow Rebirth: Inside 'Before This World'
- Zayn Malik Breaks Silence Following One Direction Split
- 10 Things We Learned Spending Two Days With Bill Withers
- Dr. Dre Talks N.W.A Biopic, Eazy-E's Death, Eminem and Making New Music
- Weekend Rock Question: What's the Best Van Halen Album?