A shaky stab at Soulja manhood, the third disc from the "Crank That" cutie finds him hitting drinking age, torn between pup and pit bull. "Soulja Boy rich/Sayin' 'Fuck an allowance,' " he raps. R&B nuggets like "Blowin' Me Kisses" update the innocent charm that made him a star, and his knack for spare ringtone hooks grows apace ("30 Thousand 100 Million" has a five-note keyboard figure that sounds like a Nineties modem going online). But the beats are often joyless, and Soulja's boasts about his dick and his "mean mug" are bland and jaundiced. "Grammy" (as in "I deserve a …") takes unearned arrogance to Durstian heights.
The DeAndre Way
- The DeAndre Way
- Soulja Boy
- Stacks on Deck/Interscope
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal37 Things About Sex You Need to Know
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies Of All-Time According To Chris Rock
The Daily Beast7 Movies That Do BDSM Better Than ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’
Cinema Blend10 Great Movies To Watch Before Netflix Gets Rid Of Them On April 1
Salon10 Movie Stars Who Want to Be Rock Stars and Are Surprisingly Good
Men's JournalThe 101 Best Beers in America
- The Children of ISIS
- The Rock on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Have to See
- Hear Brad Paisley 'Crush It' on Eric Clapton's 'Layla'
- The Neverending Nightmare of Amanda Knox
- Coachella, Lollapalooza Festivals Ban Selfie Sticks
- Watch George Ezra Bring the Folk to 'SNL'
- Inside the Koch Brothers' Toxic Empire
- Prince Sued Over Judith Hill's Debut Album Download