This Atlanta mush mouth serves up hip-hop comfort food: rich synth beats; laid-back cadences; songs that find a gloriously low concept and stick to it ("Making Love to the Money," about all the different ways Gucci tries to impregnate his Benjamins, is a goofy standout here). But The Appeal, his third official album, suggests that Gucci's menu could use an update. Besides the distortion-laced "Gucci Time," the biggest change-ups here are drab gangsta ballads: "Haterade" features Pharrell at his most insufferably croon-y, and "O'Dog" makes you actually wish guest singer Wyclef would stick to politics.
The Appeal: Georgia's Most Wanted
- The Appeal: Georgia's Most Wanted
- Gucci Mane
- Warner Bros.
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
- Leonardo DiCaprio's Movies, Ranked Worst to Best
- 17 Things You Learn Hanging Out With Adele
- The Oral History of the 'Wayne’s World' 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Scene
- Hear Sunn O)))'s 'Bright' Drone-Metal Return LP, 'Kannon'
- America Is Too Dumb for TV News
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- George Lucas Explains Controversial Greedo–Han Solo 'Star Wars' Edit
- Jimmy Page Before Led Zeppelin: 20 Great Sixties Session Songs