This Atlanta mush mouth serves up hip-hop comfort food: rich synth beats; laid-back cadences; songs that find a gloriously low concept and stick to it ("Making Love to the Money," about all the different ways Gucci tries to impregnate his Benjamins, is a goofy standout here). But The Appeal, his third official album, suggests that Gucci's menu could use an update. Besides the distortion-laced "Gucci Time," the biggest change-ups here are drab gangsta ballads: "Haterade" features Pharrell at his most insufferably croon-y, and "O'Dog" makes you actually wish guest singer Wyclef would stick to politics.
The Appeal: Georgia's Most Wanted
- The Appeal: Georgia's Most Wanted
- Gucci Mane
- Warner Bros.
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
DiffuserThe 10 Nastiest Feuds In Alternative Music
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
Guitar WorldThe 10 Best Traits of an Awesome Band Member
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Mental Floss7 Movies That Sent People Running Out of Theaters
Salon11 Artists Who Are Still Great After Four Decades
- Keith Richards on Getting Busted, Zeppelin and Stones’ Future
- Inside the Koch Brothers' Toxic Empire
- Sammy Hagar: 'If I Joined Van Halen Right Now, I'd Feel Like a Hypocrite'
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Amy Schumer on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Have to See
- Brian May Talks Queen's 1975 Concert Film, Performing 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Live
- Phil Collins' 'Warts and All' Autobiography Arriving in 2016
- 10 Songs You Didn't Know Were About Drugs