This Atlanta mush mouth serves up hip-hop comfort food: rich synth beats; laid-back cadences; songs that find a gloriously low concept and stick to it ("Making Love to the Money," about all the different ways Gucci tries to impregnate his Benjamins, is a goofy standout here). But The Appeal, his third official album, suggests that Gucci's menu could use an update. Besides the distortion-laced "Gucci Time," the biggest change-ups here are drab gangsta ballads: "Haterade" features Pharrell at his most insufferably croon-y, and "O'Dog" makes you actually wish guest singer Wyclef would stick to politics.
The Appeal: Georgia's Most Wanted
- The Appeal: Georgia's Most Wanted
- Gucci Mane
- Warner Bros.
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast20 Things You Didn’t Know About Pulp Fiction
SalonThe 13 Most Cringeworthy Sex Scenes in ‘Girls’
The Daily BeastInside New York’s Most Elite Sex Party
Salon10 Songs with Hidden Drug References
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
- John Lennon's Ex-Wife Cynthia Dead at 75
- Bloodied Van Halen Play Wild, Reckless Set on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- 15 Best Lines From Justin Bieber's Roast
- Avril Lavigne Was 'Bedridden' Following Battle With Lyme Disease
- 10 Things We Learned From Scientology Doc 'Going Clear'
- Kendrick Lamar Recorded With Prince for 'To Pimp a Butterfly'
- Rolling Stones Announce Summer Tour, 'Sticky Fingers' Reissue
- How Courtney Barnett's Thoughts Became 2015's Sharpest Debut