Sufjan Stevens is a restless man. Weeks after dropping the All Delighted People EP, Stevens returns with The Age of Adz, which conjures a peyote ritual with Aphex Twin and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. It's a semiconcept record, using work by the artist Royal Robertson as a springboard for music that evokes a visionary psyche. Amid the storm of electronics, brass and spirit voices, melodies surface. On "Impossible Soul," Stevens rocks an Auto-Tuned falsetto; elsewhere, he chants, "I'm not fucking around!" Be assured: He's not.
The Age of Adz
- The Age of Adz
- Sufjan Stevens
- Asthmatic Kitty
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
Diffuser27 of the Most Offensive Band Names Ever
Cracked5 Famous People Who Lost Everything (For Stupid Reasons)
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- A Polygamist Cult's Last Stand: The Rise and Fall of Warren Jeffs
- Eagles Members, Jackson Browne Uniting for Glenn Frey Grammy Tribute
- Watch Johnny Depp Star in Funny or Die's Donald Trump Biopic
- 10 Things We Learned From L.A. Reid's Juicy Tell-All
- Kanye West Announces Album's Final Title, 'The Life of Pablo,' Track List
- Slipknot's Corey Taylor Talks Combating Racism in Metal
- Stephen King on 'Dark Tower' Movie: 'It's Likely to Happen'