Sufjan Stevens is a restless man. Weeks after dropping the All Delighted People EP, Stevens returns with The Age of Adz, which conjures a peyote ritual with Aphex Twin and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. It's a semiconcept record, using work by the artist Royal Robertson as a springboard for music that evokes a visionary psyche. Amid the storm of electronics, brass and spirit voices, melodies surface. On "Impossible Soul," Stevens rocks an Auto-Tuned falsetto; elsewhere, he chants, "I'm not fucking around!" Be assured: He's not.
The Age of Adz
- The Age of Adz
- Sufjan Stevens
- Asthmatic Kitty
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
SalonSecrets Of The Female Pickup Artist
Cinema Blend10 Big Things We Learned On The Set Of Amy Schumer's Trainwreck
Salon8 Game of Thrones Stars You Didn’t Know Had Music Careers
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
- Mayweather Defeats Pacquiao, KOs Pay-Per-View Providers
- Scarlett Johansson on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Have to See
- Roger Waters Slams Silicon Valley's 'Rogues and Thieves'
- Give 'Em Hell, Bernie
- Grooveshark Shuts Down After Eight Years
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao: Love the Fight, Not the Fighters
- Wiz Khalifa Brings Misty 'See You Again' to 'SNL'
- Watch Trey Anastasio and Phil Lesh Play 'Goin' Down the Road Feeling Bad'