Sufjan Stevens is a restless man. Weeks after dropping the All Delighted People EP, Stevens returns with The Age of Adz, which conjures a peyote ritual with Aphex Twin and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. It's a semiconcept record, using work by the artist Royal Robertson as a springboard for music that evokes a visionary psyche. Amid the storm of electronics, brass and spirit voices, melodies surface. On "Impossible Soul," Stevens rocks an Auto-Tuned falsetto; elsewhere, he chants, "I'm not fucking around!" Be assured: He's not.
The Age of Adz
- The Age of Adz
- Sufjan Stevens
- Asthmatic Kitty
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
- 'Game of Thrones' Recap: Snow Day
- 'Obama Out': See President's Scathing Correspondents' Dinner Speech
- Paul McCartney Meets Women Who Inspired Beatles' 'Blackbird'
- See Aretha Franklin Sing Prince's 'Purple Rain' at White House
- Adele: Inside Her Private Life and Triumphant Return
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Inside the National's Epic Grateful Dead Tribute
- The Line That May Have Won Hillary Clinton the Nomination