New metal is dead, but Korn remain, stronger than ever trends have shifted away from these new-metal pioneers, snuffing the careers of many of their countless clones. In response, Korn have circled the wagons and self-produced their best album to date, refining the formula to a black-cancer marmalade of corrosive riffs, fist-flying rhythms, gothic-carnival atmospheres and toxic vocals. ("Shut up! I'll fuck you up!" goes a typical no-time-for-subtlety shoutalong.) When not howling like a werewolf caught in a cyclone, Jonathan Davis manages some surprisingly haunting verses and even squeezes out a plaintive bagpipe solo. Davis hasn't traded self-pity for self-reflection, but he is screaming "fuck you" with greater precision.
Take A Look In The Mirror
- Take A Look In The Mirror
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Cracked6 Bands That Reinvented Themselves To Get Famous
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- A Polygamist Cult's Last Stand: The Rise and Fall of Warren Jeffs
- Watch Triumph the Insult Comic Dog Slam Politically Correct Youth Voters
- 40 Greatest TV Villains of All Time
- Stephen King on 'Dark Tower' Movie: 'It's Likely to Happen'
- Poll: Against Bernie Sanders, Donald Trump Would Get 'Schlonged'
- 100 Greatest Guitarists
- What Would Actually Happen If We Broke Up the Banks?