Deafheaven make shoegazer metal that does its dark work in the background but refuses to stay in one place. Here, feedback thickens to thunderous crescendos while a cloud cover of despondent growls rains down. Snatches of minimalist stillness, acoustic strumming and spoken word vary the volume. But the mood stays ominous, even as sonic details thrill headphone-equipped headbangers.
- Deathwish Inc.
From The Archives Issue 1190: August 29, 2013
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
- The Endless Fall of Suge Knight
- Grateful Dead End 50-Year Career With Moving, Magnificent Final Show
- How a Canadian U2 Tribute Band Got Onstage With the Real Thing
- Buddy Guy on the Rolling Stones: 'They Were So Damn Wild'
- Andy Samberg on '7 Days in Hell,' Mockumentaries and Threeways
- 25 Best Modern Exploitation Movies
- Hear Turnpike Troubadours' Roadhouse-Ready 'Down Here'