Thirty-plus years into her career and finally dispensing with the Pretenders name, Chrissie Hynde still finds herself warning haters not to "fuck with this heart of mine" in that elastic voice. On her delicate and sexy solo debut – actually a joint effort with new writing partner Björn Yttling of Peter Bjorn and John, plus guests including Neil Young and, oddly, tennis great John McEnroe – she does decompress: "In a Miracle" sounds like Aimee Mann after a warm bath. But Hynde can still flash her blade. In the reverb-slashed "A Plan Too Far," she busts one tedious guy down to a hilariously blunt double-entendre: "You're as consistent as a weathervane cock."
- Chrissie Hynde
- Will Travel/Caroline
From The Archives Issue 1211: June 19, 2014
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
Guitar WorldThe 30 Most Badass Guitarists of All Time
DiffuserThe 10 Nastiest Feuds In Alternative Music
Mental Floss7 Movies That Sent People Running Out of Theaters
SalonTop 11 'SNL' Political Sketches Of All Time
CrackedThe 18 Most Baffling Lines Of Dialogue In Movie History
- There Is No Real Hillary Clinton
- Keith Richards on Getting Busted, Zeppelin and Stones’ Future
- Hear Grunge Supergroup Ten Commandos' 'Staring Down the Dust'
- Inside the Wesleyan Molly Bust
- Putin's Angels: Inside Russia's Most Infamous Motorcycle Club
- Sammy Hagar: 'If I Joined Van Halen Right Now, I'd Feel Like a Hypocrite'
- Frank Zappa's Widow Gail Zappa Dead at 70
- Vote for the 2016 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductees