Thirty-plus years into her career and finally dispensing with the Pretenders name, Chrissie Hynde still finds herself warning haters not to "fuck with this heart of mine" in that elastic voice. On her delicate and sexy solo debut – actually a joint effort with new writing partner Björn Yttling of Peter Bjorn and John, plus guests including Neil Young and, oddly, tennis great John McEnroe – she does decompress: "In a Miracle" sounds like Aimee Mann after a warm bath. But Hynde can still flash her blade. In the reverb-slashed "A Plan Too Far," she busts one tedious guy down to a hilariously blunt double-entendre: "You're as consistent as a weathervane cock."
- Chrissie Hynde
- Will Travel/Caroline
From The Archives Issue 1211: June 19, 2014
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal37 Things About Sex You Need to Know
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies Of All-Time According To Chris Rock
The Daily Beast7 Movies That Do BDSM Better Than ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’
Cinema Blend10 Great Movies To Watch Before Netflix Gets Rid Of Them On April 1
Salon10 Movie Stars Who Want to Be Rock Stars and Are Surprisingly Good
Men's JournalThe 101 Best Beers in America
- The Children of ISIS
- Hear Brad Paisley 'Crush It' on Eric Clapton's 'Layla'
- The Rock on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Have to See
- Watch George Ezra Bring the Folk to 'SNL'
- Coachella, Lollapalooza Festivals Ban Selfie Sticks
- Hugh Jackman Hints at One Last 'Wolverine' Appearance
- The Neverending Nightmare of Amanda Knox
- What Does Ted Cruz Look Like?