Thirty-plus years into her career and finally dispensing with the Pretenders name, Chrissie Hynde still finds herself warning haters not to "fuck with this heart of mine" in that elastic voice. On her delicate and sexy solo debut – actually a joint effort with new writing partner Björn Yttling of Peter Bjorn and John, plus guests including Neil Young and, oddly, tennis great John McEnroe – she does decompress: "In a Miracle" sounds like Aimee Mann after a warm bath. But Hynde can still flash her blade. In the reverb-slashed "A Plan Too Far," she busts one tedious guy down to a hilariously blunt double-entendre: "You're as consistent as a weathervane cock."
- Chrissie Hynde
- Will Travel/Caroline
From The Archives Issue 1211: June 19, 2014
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
Cracked4 Lead Singers That Sound Shockingly Bad Without the Band
Cinema Blend15 Incredible Facts You Didn't Know About Back To The Future
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
- Stephen Colbert Admits He Didn't Want to Host 'Daily Show'
- Being Ringo: A Beatle's All-Starr Life
- Watch Batman and Superman Clash in New 'Dawn of Justice' Trailer
- Foo Fighters Turn Strip Mall Into Stadium for Record Store Day
- Campaign 2016: Hillary Clinton's Fake Populism Is a Hit
- Black Sabbath's Bill Ward: 'I Don't Know If I'm a Member'
- The Dukes of Oxy: How a Band of Teen Wrestlers Built a Smuggling Empire
- Hear Slayer's Eerie New Crusher 'When the Stillness Comes'