A ballad-laden song cycle of delicate political tone poems — just checking to see if you were paying attention. Stiff Upper Lip — an album that comes twenty years after AC/DC were written off following the death of frontman Bon Scott — is everything we've come to expect from the band and absolutely nothing more. A wonderfully juvenile set of leering rawk, Lip is the first new album in five years from these middle-aged purists. The album has two factors in its favor: It's even louder than normal, and it was produced by George Young (the older brother of guitarists Angus and Malcolm Young), which means Lip is old-school all the way; this is the classic Back in Black lineup bashing out minimalist arena rock. Inspirational (if currently questionable) song title: "Can't Stop Rock 'n' Roll." Let it be said: These guys still know how to crank it to eleven.
Stiff Upper Lip
- Stiff Upper Lip
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Famous Movies That Were Insane Parties Behind the Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Offensive TV Shows Of All Time
Diffuser10 Best Album Closing Tracks
Mental Floss20 Things You Didn’t Know About Pulp Fiction
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
SalonSecrets Of The Female Pickup Artist
- The Republicans Are Now Officially the Party of White Paranoia
- Conservative Heads Explode Over Kentucky's Bigoted County Clerk
- The Point of No Return: Climate Change Nightmares Are Already Here
- The Real 'Dear Prudence' on Meeting Beatles in India
- Can We Talk? Joan Rivers' 10 Best Jokes
- Merle Haggard Laments New Country Music About 'Screwing on a Tailgate'
- 'Rocky Horror' at 40: Hear Soundtrack Outtake, Read Producer's Reflections
- See Sara Evans, REO Speedwagon Collide on 'Ridin' the Storm Out'