A ballad-laden song cycle of delicate political tone poems — just checking to see if you were paying attention. Stiff Upper Lip — an album that comes twenty years after AC/DC were written off following the death of frontman Bon Scott — is everything we've come to expect from the band and absolutely nothing more. A wonderfully juvenile set of leering rawk, Lip is the first new album in five years from these middle-aged purists. The album has two factors in its favor: It's even louder than normal, and it was produced by George Young (the older brother of guitarists Angus and Malcolm Young), which means Lip is old-school all the way; this is the classic Back in Black lineup bashing out minimalist arena rock. Inspirational (if currently questionable) song title: "Can't Stop Rock 'n' Roll." Let it be said: These guys still know how to crank it to eleven.
Stiff Upper Lip
- Stiff Upper Lip
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
DiffuserThe Strangest Deaths In Rock History
SalonThe 7 Most Offensive TV Shows Of All Time
Guitar WorldThe 10 Best Stage Names of All Time
Cracked4 Lead Singers That Sound Shockingly Bad Without the Band
Guitar WorldThe 13 Creepiest Album Covers of All Time
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
- Hear Drake Demolish Meek Mill on 'Back to Back' Freestyle
- Up in the Air: Meet the Man Who Flies Around the World for Free
- Jon Stewart Details Not-So Secret Meetings With Barack Obama
- Hannibal Buress Asks Beverly Hills Dwellers: 'Who Is Meek Mill?'
- Donald Trump Can't Stop Calling Things 'Disgusting'
- Yemen's Hidden War
- Morrissey Alleges Sexual Assault at San Francisco Airport
- Readers' Poll: The 10 Best Eagles Songs