A ballad-laden song cycle of delicate political tone poems — just checking to see if you were paying attention. Stiff Upper Lip — an album that comes twenty years after AC/DC were written off following the death of frontman Bon Scott — is everything we've come to expect from the band and absolutely nothing more. A wonderfully juvenile set of leering rawk, Lip is the first new album in five years from these middle-aged purists. The album has two factors in its favor: It's even louder than normal, and it was produced by George Young (the older brother of guitarists Angus and Malcolm Young), which means Lip is old-school all the way; this is the classic Back in Black lineup bashing out minimalist arena rock. Inspirational (if currently questionable) song title: "Can't Stop Rock 'n' Roll." Let it be said: These guys still know how to crank it to eleven.
Stiff Upper Lip
- Stiff Upper Lip
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Cracked6 Bands That Reinvented Themselves To Get Famous
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Alice Cooper on His Dinner With David Bowie and Ray Bradbury
- How J.J. Abrams and Hulu Brought Stephen King's '11.22.63' to TV
- Coldplay's Chris Martin Gets Personal: Inside the New Issue
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- 25 Musicians 'Feeling the Bern' for Bernie Sanders
- Ranking the Super Bowl 50 Movie Trailers
- Super Bowl Halftime Shows Ranked: From Worst to Best