A ballad-laden song cycle of delicate political tone poems — just checking to see if you were paying attention. Stiff Upper Lip — an album that comes twenty years after AC/DC were written off following the death of frontman Bon Scott — is everything we've come to expect from the band and absolutely nothing more. A wonderfully juvenile set of leering rawk, Lip is the first new album in five years from these middle-aged purists. The album has two factors in its favor: It's even louder than normal, and it was produced by George Young (the older brother of guitarists Angus and Malcolm Young), which means Lip is old-school all the way; this is the classic Back in Black lineup bashing out minimalist arena rock. Inspirational (if currently questionable) song title: "Can't Stop Rock 'n' Roll." Let it be said: These guys still know how to crank it to eleven.
Stiff Upper Lip
- Stiff Upper Lip
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
Guitar WorldThe 30 Most Badass Guitarists of All Time
DiffuserThe 10 Nastiest Feuds In Alternative Music
Mental Floss7 Movies That Sent People Running Out of Theaters
SalonTop 11 'SNL' Political Sketches Of All Time
CrackedThe 18 Most Baffling Lines Of Dialogue In Movie History
- There Is No Real Hillary Clinton
- Keith Richards on Getting Busted, Zeppelin and Stones’ Future
- Putin's Angels: Inside Russia's Most Infamous Motorcycle Club
- Hear Grunge Supergroup Ten Commandos' 'Staring Down the Dust'
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Vote for the 2016 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductees
- Frank Zappa's Widow Gail Zappa Dead at 70
- Sammy Hagar: 'If I Joined Van Halen Right Now, I'd Feel Like a Hypocrite'