It's been five years since Lily Allen's last album, a period in which the U.K. pop diva got married and had kids. But fear not – she's still the same firecracker who turned heads in the mid-'00s with eclectic, post-hip-hop tunes and bullshit-slaying lyrics. The brilliantly titled Sheezus has loads of great punch lines ("I don't give a fuck about your Instagram or your lovely house or your ugly kids," she sings on "Insincerely Yours"). But Allen also rocks a sisterly warmth: The title track deals honestly with returning to compete with artists she loves, like Gaga and Lorde: "I'm prepared/Not gonna lie, though/I'm kinda scared." Please, girl.
- Lily Allen
- Warner Bros.
From The Archives Issue 1210: June 5, 2014
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked6 Hit Songs That Destroyed The Bands They Made Famous
SalonSecrets Of The Female Pickup Artist
Mental Floss10 People Banned From SNL
MTV News6 Cringe-Worthy VMA Moments We’ll Never Forget
Diffuser10 Best Album Closing Tracks
Cracked5 Famous Bands With Backstories That Would Make Great Movies
- Donald Trump Just Stopped Being Funny
- The Secrets of an NFL Locker Room
- Nick Kyrgios Loses His Racket (and His Mind) at the US Open
- Janis Joplin's Bandmate Talks Heroin, Pool Hangs in Exclusive Doc Clip
- Alabama Shakes' Brittany Howard Releases New LP as Thunderbitch
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- High Desert Suicide: Was a Prison Guard Hazed to Death?
- Kenny Chesney on Life Post-'Revival': 'There's This Double-Edged Sword’