If you're Shakira's ex-boyfriend – specifically, the one who sued her for $100 million in 2012 – you really don't want to hear this record. On Shakira., the Colombian-born singer and hip-shaker rejoices in dissing men who lie and "just want your money," while salivating over a new love's "legs that never end." She pins huge choruses and a mercurial vocal tone to music that's so effortlessly eccentric and omnivorous you'll hardly notice when a banjo (and Blake Shelton) enter on "Medicine." Shakira's lyrics have turned more commonplace in the past 10 years, but still, what other pop star would use the word "agnosticism" in a love ballad?
- RCA/Sony Latin Iberia
From The Archives Issue 1207: April 24, 2014
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Famous Movies That Were Insane Parties Behind the Scenes
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
Diffuser27 Rockers Who Died at Age 27
Mental Floss33 Surprising Stories Behind Famous Songs
Screen Rant10 Decisions That Ruined Movies
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
- Watch Lauryn Hill's Show-Stopping 'Feeling Good' on 'Tonight Show'
- 'True Detective' Recap: Burning Down the House
- Jimmy Carter: U.S. Is an 'Oligarchy With Unlimited Political Bribery'
- Up in the Air: Meet the Man Who Flies Around the World for Free
- Eminem Reveals How Drug Use Led to Weight Gain, Recovery
- Foo Fighters Promise to Visit Italian Town After Viral Video
- Ronda Rousey: The World's Most Dangerous Woman
- Dr. Dre Details Long-Awaited 'Compton: A Soundtrack'