Gary Allan has long been one of country's most reliably velvet-voiced beautiful losers. But on his ninth album, the 45-year-old singer lets the crazy out - howling psychobilly on "Bones," interrupting a recovery-meeting church organ to blame mental ghosts on "It Ain't the Whiskey." On "Sand in My Soul," he vegetates in room 108 of a beachside hotel, letting his hair grow to his waist while the sound of college girls shooting tequila in the parking lot only makes him more antisocial. Elsewhere, he's a ladies' man refusing to settle down (except when he does), and his high-register hiccups convince you he's having more fun than a spring-breaker half his age.
Set You Free
- Set You Free
- Gary Allan
- MCA Nashville
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked6 Celebrities You Didn't Know Had Ridiculous Music Careers
Salon5 Secrets to Great Sex
Cinema BlendThe 10 Greatest Wrestlers Turned Actors
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
Cracked6 Famous Movies Made By The Last Person You'd Expect
Mental FlossThe Strange Deaths of 20 Interesting People
- Grateful Dead Archivist Details Massive, New 80-Disc Box Set
- Slipknot Tease 'Dangerous' Summer Tour: 'It's Scary'
- 'Game of Thrones' Recap: Dawn of the Dead
- Lil Boosie Gets Real: MC on Prison, Protests and 'Classic' New LP
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Muhammad Ali: Last Tango in Vegas
- Hear Eminem's Hard-Hitting 'Southpaw' Song 'Phenomenal'
- Tom Petty Unearths Shimmering Lost Song 'Somewhere Under Heaven'