"Since when do we say yes to love?" Meredith Graves yells halfway through her band's savagely awesome debut LP. These art-punk kids hail from Syracuse, New York, previously renowned for great bands like, well, none ever. But they rage with an emotional urgency that recalls Hüsker Dü or early Sleater-Kinney. Say Yes to Love is a heart-punch of an album – eight songs, 23 minutes – where the words are mostly buried under guitar feedback and synth squeals. Yet the raw passion comes across loud and clear. "Interference Fits" builds around a Pavement-like guitar lick, with Graves snarling her lines until all the emotion spills over into a joyous noise-rave finale. Since when do we say yes to love? Since now.
Say Yes to Love
- Say Yes to Love
- Perfect Pussy
- Captured Tracks
From The Archives Issue 1205: March 27, 2014
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mental Floss5 Movies That Got Their Filmmakers Arrested
Cinema BlendTop 10 Steamiest Sex Scenes
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Salon10 Famous Geniuses And Their Drugs Of Choice
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies of All-Time According to Chris Rock
- David Letterman's Top 10 Musical Moments
- Watch Willie Nelson Talk Songwriting Legacy, Indestructible Guitars on 'Daily Show'
- Mayor Bill de Blasio's Crusade
- Noel Gallagher Sounds Off on Tidal, Zayn Malik and Same-Sex Marriage
- 'Deflategate' Report: Patriots Personnel Probably Tampered With Game Balls
- David Letterman Says Goodbye: Inside Rolling Stone's New Issue
- Watch Career-Spanning Trailer for Bob Weir Doc 'The Other One'
- Watch Jimmy Fallon, Jack Black Remake Extreme's 'More Than Words' Video