If you’re one of the 45 million people who’ve bought Rumours, you know its glories – the uncanny fusion of pop hooks, 1950s rock exuberance and heavenly harmonies: Stevie Nicks, in "Dreams," revealing the poison dart beneath her faerie wings; Lindsey Buckingham baring his fangs in "Go Your Own Way"; the scent of Laurel Canyon sycamores (and Humboldt County pot) wafting over it all. This edition adds a disc of live cuts from the Mac's 1977 tour, a 140-gram vinyl copy of the original LP, a documentary with glimpses of the famous intraband tensions, and outtakes like "For Duster (the Blues)" that capture the band’s roiling blues-rock magnificence. The real revelations are recordings that part the curtains on the making of Rumours, like Christine McVie's solo-piano-demo rendition of "Songbird." Then there's the country-rock lament "Silver Springs,” a B side that would have been another band's lead single.
Rumours: Deluxe Edition
- Rumours: Deluxe Edition
- Fleetwood Mac
- Warner Bros.
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
- See Bieber Explain VMA Tears, Perform 'What Do You Mean?' on 'Fallon'
- Readers' Poll: The 10 Best Elton John Deep Cuts
- Lana Del Rey Clarifies 'Anti-Feminist' Comments to James Franco
- The Secrets of an NFL Locker Room
- Fall Music Preview 2015: 30 Must-Hear Albums
- Stephen Colbert Counters Jeb Bush's 'Late Show' Contest With Raffle
- High Desert Suicide: Was a Prison Guard Hazed to Death?
- Andrew Luck: The Natural