By posting two fantastic synthpop songs, "Lies" and then "The Mother We Share," to the Internet last year, Chvrches became blog big shots and Passion Pit's opening act. Their EP lacks those two songs, which are still easily found on the Scottish band's SoundCloud, and introduces one fantastic new synth-pop song, "Recover." Lauren Mayberry and her two beardo bandmates revisit the frosty New Wave of Yaz and early Depeche Mode while adding staccato, percussive glitches that echo but don't mimic the Eighties. And Mayberry sings about deceit, decay and distance in curled, Scots-accented vowels – she can make a single word, "don't," sound as defiant and melancholy as a Byron poem.
- Recover EP
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal37 Things About Sex You Need to Know
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies Of All-Time According To Chris Rock
The Daily Beast7 Movies That Do BDSM Better Than ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’
Cinema Blend10 Great Movies To Watch Before Netflix Gets Rid Of Them On April 1
Salon10 Movie Stars Who Want to Be Rock Stars and Are Surprisingly Good
Men's JournalThe 101 Best Beers in America
- The Children of ISIS
- Hear Brad Paisley 'Crush It' on Eric Clapton's 'Layla'
- The Rock on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Have to See
- Watch George Ezra Bring the Folk to 'SNL'
- Coachella, Lollapalooza Festivals Ban Selfie Sticks
- Hugh Jackman Hints at One Last 'Wolverine' Appearance
- The Neverending Nightmare of Amanda Knox
- Prince Sued Over Judith Hill's Debut Album Download