In July 2007, R.E.M. took a break from recording last year's Accelerate to play a series of shows at Dublin's Olympia Theatre, reaching back to perform four choice tracks from 1984's Reckoning: the chiming "Harborcoat," the love note "Letter Never Sent," the sloppily driving "Second Guessing," and "Pretty Persuasion," where guitarist Peter Buck plucks one of his finest arpeggio riffs. This live EP – pulled from an upcoming two-disc set – is a short, sweet dose of nostalgia.
Reckoning (Songs From The Olympia)
- Reckoning (Songs From The Olympia)
From The Archives Issue 1084: August 6, 2009
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
Cracked4 Lead Singers That Sound Shockingly Bad Without the Band
Cinema Blend15 Incredible Facts You Didn't Know About Back To The Future
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
- Watch Batman and Superman Clash in New 'Dawn of Justice' Trailer
- Being Ringo: A Beatle's All-Starr Life
- Hear Slayer's Eerie New Crusher 'When the Stillness Comes'
- Black Sabbath's Bill Ward: 'I Don't Know If I'm a Member'
- Campaign 2016: Hillary Clinton's Fake Populism Is a Hit
- The Dukes of Oxy: How a Band of Teen Wrestlers Built a Smuggling Empire
- Bill Withers: The Soul Man Who Walked Away
- Rolling Stone and UVA: The Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism Report