No emotion is minor in the world of Active Child. With a voice primed as a kid in the Philadelphia Boys Choir, Pat Grossi sings big and fits swelling synth sounds to scale, making for epic songs on the order of M83. This six-song EP follows the delicate, harp-assisted success of his 2011 debut You Are All I See with more atmospheric odes to sentimentality and harder-charging electro-pop. "Subtle" ups the beat speed and pairs Grossi’s feathery falsetto with a guest spot by Mikky Ekko. "Silhouette" slows down in search of smeared tears with extra vox by Ellie Goulding. There’s a lot of feeling here, sometimes too much.
- Active Child
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
Diffuser27 of the Most Offensive Band Names Ever
Cracked5 Famous People Who Lost Everything (For Stupid Reasons)
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Ace Frehley Announces New LP, 'White Room' Cover, Paul Stanley Reunion
- Slipknot's Corey Taylor Talks Combating Racism in Metal
- 25 Worst Original Names of Famous Bands
- Eagles Members, Jackson Browne Uniting for Glenn Frey Grammy Tribute
- A Polygamist Cult's Last Stand: The Rise and Fall of Warren Jeffs
- Kanye West Announces Album's Final Title, 'The Life of Pablo,' Track List
- 100 Greatest Guitarists