No emotion is minor in the world of Active Child. With a voice primed as a kid in the Philadelphia Boys Choir, Pat Grossi sings big and fits swelling synth sounds to scale, making for epic songs on the order of M83. This six-song EP follows the delicate, harp-assisted success of his 2011 debut You Are All I See with more atmospheric odes to sentimentality and harder-charging electro-pop. "Subtle" ups the beat speed and pairs Grossi’s feathery falsetto with a guest spot by Mikky Ekko. "Silhouette" slows down in search of smeared tears with extra vox by Ellie Goulding. There’s a lot of feeling here, sometimes too much.
- Active Child
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast20 Things You Didn’t Know About Pulp Fiction
SalonThe 13 Most Cringeworthy Sex Scenes in ‘Girls’
The Daily BeastInside New York’s Most Elite Sex Party
Salon10 Songs with Hidden Drug References
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
- John Lennon's Ex-Wife Cynthia Dead at 75
- 10 Things We Learned From Scientology Doc 'Going Clear'
- 15 Best Lines From Justin Bieber's Roast
- Watch Kendrick Lamar Celebrate Compton in 'King Kunta' Video
- Watch Jimmy Fallon and Ethan Hawke Perform Bob Dylan Lullabies
- How Courtney Barnett's Thoughts Became 2015's Sharpest Debut
- 5 Things We Learned From 'Walking Dead''s Season 5 Finale
- Kendrick Lamar Recorded With Prince for 'To Pimp a Butterfly'