No emotion is minor in the world of Active Child. With a voice primed as a kid in the Philadelphia Boys Choir, Pat Grossi sings big and fits swelling synth sounds to scale, making for epic songs on the order of M83. This six-song EP follows the delicate, harp-assisted success of his 2011 debut You Are All I See with more atmospheric odes to sentimentality and harder-charging electro-pop. "Subtle" ups the beat speed and pairs Grossi’s feathery falsetto with a guest spot by Mikky Ekko. "Silhouette" slows down in search of smeared tears with extra vox by Ellie Goulding. There’s a lot of feeling here, sometimes too much.
- Active Child
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies of All-Time According to Chris Rock
Bleacher ReportWhat It's Like to Be in Mayweather's Entourage
Men's JournalDo Men Suck at Friendship?
Men's Journal10 Ways to Maximize Pleasure During Sex
Cracked4 Lead Singers That Sound Shockingly Bad Without the Band
Cinema BlendTop 10 Steamiest Sex Scenes
- Watch Terry Crews Punch Out Mike Tyson on 'Lip Sync Battle'
- Watch Neil deGrasse Tyson, Jon Stewart Debate Superman vs. Batman
- Navajo Actress Explains Why She Left Adam Sandler 'Ridiculous 6' Set
- Motley Crue on Rock Hall Chances and Why Bands Need Retirement Contracts
- Waka Flocka Flame for President: Watch His Exclusive Campaign Video
- 10 Things We Learned From Johnny Rotten's 'Uncensored' New Memoir
- Joan Jett: Built to Rock
- Paul McCartney Plans First U.S. Arena Date of 2015