"You say you'll cut your bangs/I'm calling your bluff" – what the hell kind of breakup song is that? The kind that could only come from Radiator Hospital. Sam Cook-Parrott is some kind of boy wonder at feelings-working-overtime songs, combining pop-punk fervor with heart-on-sleeve tenderness and wit. On the Philly band's superb second album, he has a live wire of a voice – sometimes abrasive ("Five & Dime"), usually hilarious ("Bedtime Story"), but always nailing the mood at a surprise angle. When Cook-Parrott croons the muted lullaby "Sleeping House" – "I will be the only bad dream in your sleeping house" – it's an awkwardly emotional gem. Not that this guy would have any other kind.
- Torch Song
- Radiator Hospital
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast20 Things You Didn’t Know About Pulp Fiction
SalonThe 13 Most Cringeworthy Sex Scenes in ‘Girls’
The Daily BeastInside New York’s Most Elite Sex Party
Salon10 Songs with Hidden Drug References
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
- John Lennon's Ex-Wife Cynthia Dead at 75
- 15 Best Lines From Justin Bieber's Roast
- David Lee Roth Receives 14 Stitches After 'Kimmel' Baton Accident
- 10 Things We Learned From Scientology Doc 'Going Clear'
- Bloodied Van Halen Play Wild, Reckless Set on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- Rolling Stones Announce Summer Tour, 'Sticky Fingers' Reissue
- Steven Tyler Announces Solo Country Album
- How Courtney Barnett's Thoughts Became 2015's Sharpest Debut