If the dirty-old-man noise rock in Grinderman, Nick Cave's other band, was an orgy, the relentlessly laconic Push the Sky Away is pure hangover, an exhausted guy at the end of the bar mumbling about love’s chill and telling creepy conquest stories ("She was a catch/We were a match/I was the match/That would fire up her snatch" – do tell!). The first Seeds LP without co-founder Mick Harvey, Sky is full of tiny sounds – plinking guitars, pulsing bass, lazy subtle drums. "Higgs Boson Blues" is a hilarious bad-Dylan peak, linking Lucifer, Robert Johnson, Hannah Montana and the Lorraine Motel. Can someone make sure Nick is still awake?
Push the Sky Away
- Push the Sky Away
- Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
- Bad Seed Ltd.
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
MTV News19 Songs You Didn’t Know Ed Sheeran Wrote
VultureEvery American Idol Finalist, Ranked From Worst to Best
Cracked5 Famous Movies That Were Insane Parties Behind The Scenes
Mental Floss11 Actors Who Asked For Their Characters To Be Killed Off
Diffuser21 Best Alt Rock Albums
SalonSecrets Of The Female Pickup Artist
- A Final Visit With Prince: Rolling Stone's Lost Cover Story
- Met Gala 2016: Beyonce, Taylor Swift, Kanye West, Nicki Minaj and More
- What Should We Make of the Hillary Clinton Indictment Speculation?
- What Jon Snow's Return Means for 'Game of Thrones'
- How Six Classic Rock Legends United for One Mega Festival
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Watch Pearl Jam Perform With Sting, Cheap Trick in New York
- Afeni Shakur, Mother of Tupac Shakur and Activist, Dead at 69