If the dirty-old-man noise rock in Grinderman, Nick Cave's other band, was an orgy, the relentlessly laconic Push the Sky Away is pure hangover, an exhausted guy at the end of the bar mumbling about love’s chill and telling creepy conquest stories ("She was a catch/We were a match/I was the match/That would fire up her snatch" – do tell!). The first Seeds LP without co-founder Mick Harvey, Sky is full of tiny sounds – plinking guitars, pulsing bass, lazy subtle drums. "Higgs Boson Blues" is a hilarious bad-Dylan peak, linking Lucifer, Robert Johnson, Hannah Montana and the Lorraine Motel. Can someone make sure Nick is still awake?
Push the Sky Away
- Push the Sky Away
- Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
- Bad Seed Ltd.
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Cracked6 Bands That Reinvented Themselves To Get Famous
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- A Polygamist Cult's Last Stand: The Rise and Fall of Warren Jeffs
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Stephen King on 'Dark Tower' Movie: 'It's Likely to Happen'
- Watch Triumph the Insult Comic Dog Slam Politically Correct Youth Voters
- How Metallica's Kirk Hammett Is Redefining the Sound of Guitar
- Max Weinberg on 'River' Tour, What He Learned From Bruce Springsteen
- What Would Actually Happen If We Broke Up the Banks?