This dazzling electro-psych band is two arty Brooklyn dudes who derive keyboard lines from the jumpy gait of a praying mantis and dress up in matching capes. Their buzz single "Time to Pretend" — a booming, tongue-in-bong sendup of the rock biz — sounds like a Flaming Lips outtake, with good reason: Lips producer Dave Fridmann helmed MGMT's debut disc, fluffing their glitchy daydream rock into an intergalactic odyssey. There are hints of Joy Division and Sixties nostalgia both acid-tinged and bluesy, but Oracular Spectacular's playfulness and remarkable density are best displayed on "Electric Feel," a surprising bit of funk featuring the original come-on "Ooh, girl, shock me like an electric eel."
- Oracular Spectacular
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
Cracked4 Lead Singers That Sound Shockingly Bad Without the Band
Cinema Blend15 Incredible Facts You Didn't Know About Back To The Future
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
- Watch Batman and Superman Clash in New 'Dawn of Justice' Trailer
- Being Ringo: A Beatle's All-Starr Life
- Foo Fighters Turn Strip Mall Into Stadium for Record Store Day
- Stephen Colbert Admits He Didn't Want to Host 'Daily Show'
- Hear Slayer's Eerie New Crusher 'When the Stillness Comes'
- Campaign 2016: Hillary Clinton's Fake Populism Is a Hit
- Black Sabbath's Bill Ward: 'I Don't Know If I'm a Member'
- Rolling Stone and UVA: The Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism Report