This London dance-music fixture is only now taking her remarkably confident debut to the States. She's an ideal ambassador from her homeland's ever-expanding groove universe, with a diva-next-door voice that brings every body-moving subgenre her producers serve up - from bleeding-edge dubstep and so-called U.K. funky to good old-fashioned house and jungle - into the pop realm. Katy is even more formidable as a songwriter, crafting a dozen first-person club-life stories packed with tons of relatable detail: "Standing at the bar with my friend Olivia/We were trying our best to catch up," she sings on "Easy Please Me," sounding like someone anyone would want to party with till sunup.
On A Mission
- On A Mission
- Katy B
From The Archives Issue 1139: September 15, 2011
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mental Floss10 Messages Hidden in the Background of Movies and TV Shows
Salon10 Insane Climax Tips
DiffuserThe 10 Nastiest Feuds In Alternative Music
Guitar WorldTop 10 Greatest Rock and Roll Song Endings of All Time
Cracked6 Hit Songs That Destroyed The Bands They Made Famous
SalonThe 15 Most Hated Bands Of The Last 30 Years
- 50 Wildest Guns N' Roses Moments
- Queen's Tragic Rhapsody
- Watch Justin Bieber Sing in the Rain During 2015 AMAs Finale
- The Inside Story of David Bowie's Stunning New Album, 'Blackstar'
- 20 Terrible Debut Albums by Great Artists
- Watch Jennifer Lopez's Dance to Nicki Minaj, the Weeknd in 2015 AMAs Opener
- 100 Greatest Guitarists
- Watch Adele Croon New Song, Cackle on 'Jimmy Fallon'