This charming hang session with Norah Jones, jazzy singersongwriter Sasha Dobson and alt-rock session vet Catherine Popper began as three friends blowing off steam at a pool hall – think of it as a slacker version of Dolly Parton, Emmylou Harris and Linda Ronstadt's Trio project. Most bar bands don't manage trio harmonies near this gorgeous, but the song selection is uneven. A cover of Wilco's "Jesus, Etc." is a keeper; their take on Neil Young's "Down by the River," not so much. Dobson's "Sex Degrees of Separation" (rhymes with "we'll screw our way to salvation") is the highlight, dubious puns notwithstanding. It's a promising sign.
No Fools, No Fun
- No Fools, No Fun
- Puss n Boots
- Blue Note
From The Archives Issue 1214: July 31, 2014
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Guitar WorldThe 13 Creepiest Album Covers of All Time
Mental Floss10 Actors Who Hated Their Own Films
Cracked4 Lead Singers That Sound Shockingly Bad Without the Band
Mental Floss10 People Banned from SNL
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
Cracked27 Surprising Real Stories Behind Famous Songs
- Watch John Oliver Defend Transgender Rights on 'Last Week Tonight'
- Watch U2 Play 'Gloria' for First Time In 10 Years at Chicago Show
- Hating Seth MacFarlane: A Timeline
- What's Killing the Babies of Vernal, Utah?
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Watch Puff Daddy Throw Bad Boy Reunion at BET Awards
- Chris Squire, Yes Bassist and Co-Founder, Dead at 67
- Watch Kanye West Cover Queen's 'Bohemian Rhapsody'