This charming hang session with Norah Jones, jazzy singersongwriter Sasha Dobson and alt-rock session vet Catherine Popper began as three friends blowing off steam at a pool hall – think of it as a slacker version of Dolly Parton, Emmylou Harris and Linda Ronstadt's Trio project. Most bar bands don't manage trio harmonies near this gorgeous, but the song selection is uneven. A cover of Wilco's "Jesus, Etc." is a keeper; their take on Neil Young's "Down by the River," not so much. Dobson's "Sex Degrees of Separation" (rhymes with "we'll screw our way to salvation") is the highlight, dubious puns notwithstanding. It's a promising sign.
No Fools, No Fun
- No Fools, No Fun
- Puss n Boots
- Blue Note
From The Archives Issue 1214: July 31, 2014
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
Guitar WorldThe 30 Most Badass Guitarists of All Time
DiffuserThe 10 Nastiest Feuds In Alternative Music
Mental Floss7 Movies That Sent People Running Out of Theaters
SalonTop 11 'SNL' Political Sketches Of All Time
CrackedThe 18 Most Baffling Lines Of Dialogue In Movie History
- There Is No Real Hillary Clinton
- Inside the Wesleyan Molly Bust
- Keith Richards on Getting Busted, Zeppelin and Stones’ Future
- John Lennon 75
- John's Last Days: A Remembrance by Yoko Ono
- Hear Grunge Supergroup Ten Commandos' 'Staring Down the Dust'
- John Mayer and Grateful Dead's Bob Weir Talk Upcoming Dead & Company Tour
- Planned Parenthood Is Not Harvesting 'Baby Parts'