This charming hang session with Norah Jones, jazzy singersongwriter Sasha Dobson and alt-rock session vet Catherine Popper began as three friends blowing off steam at a pool hall – think of it as a slacker version of Dolly Parton, Emmylou Harris and Linda Ronstadt's Trio project. Most bar bands don't manage trio harmonies near this gorgeous, but the song selection is uneven. A cover of Wilco's "Jesus, Etc." is a keeper; their take on Neil Young's "Down by the River," not so much. Dobson's "Sex Degrees of Separation" (rhymes with "we'll screw our way to salvation") is the highlight, dubious puns notwithstanding. It's a promising sign.
No Fools, No Fun
- No Fools, No Fun
- Puss n Boots
- Blue Note
From The Archives Issue 1214: July 31, 2014
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mental Floss10 Messages Hidden in the Background of Movies and TV Shows
Salon10 Insane Climax Tips
DiffuserThe 10 Nastiest Feuds In Alternative Music
Guitar WorldTop 10 Greatest Rock and Roll Song Endings of All Time
Cracked6 Hit Songs That Destroyed The Bands They Made Famous
SalonThe 15 Most Hated Bands Of The Last 30 Years
- 50 Wildest Guns N' Roses Moments
- Watch Justin Bieber Sing in the Rain During 2015 AMAs Finale
- Queen's Tragic Rhapsody
- UFC's Conor McGregor: 'Donald Trump Can Shut His Big Mouth'
- 100 Greatest Guitarists
- Watch Jennifer Lopez's Dance to Nicki Minaj, the Weeknd in 2015 AMAs Opener
- The Inside Story of David Bowie's Stunning New Album, 'Blackstar'
- Watch Adele Croon New Song, Cackle on 'Jimmy Fallon'