This charming hang session with Norah Jones, jazzy singersongwriter Sasha Dobson and alt-rock session vet Catherine Popper began as three friends blowing off steam at a pool hall – think of it as a slacker version of Dolly Parton, Emmylou Harris and Linda Ronstadt's Trio project. Most bar bands don't manage trio harmonies near this gorgeous, but the song selection is uneven. A cover of Wilco's "Jesus, Etc." is a keeper; their take on Neil Young's "Down by the River," not so much. Dobson's "Sex Degrees of Separation" (rhymes with "we'll screw our way to salvation") is the highlight, dubious puns notwithstanding. It's a promising sign.
No Fools, No Fun
- No Fools, No Fun
- Puss n Boots
- Blue Note
From The Archives Issue 1214: July 31, 2014
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
Diffuser27 of the Most Offensive Band Names Ever
Cracked5 Famous People Who Lost Everything (For Stupid Reasons)
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Ace Frehley Announces New LP, 'White Room' Cover, Paul Stanley Reunion
- 25 Worst Original Names of Famous Bands
- Slipknot's Corey Taylor Talks Combating Racism in Metal
- A Polygamist Cult's Last Stand: The Rise and Fall of Warren Jeffs
- Eagles Members, Jackson Browne Uniting for Glenn Frey Grammy Tribute
- Kanye West Announces Album's Final Title, 'The Life of Pablo,' Track List
- Watch Johnny Depp Star in Funny or Die's Donald Trump Biopic