A 46-minute tale of celebrations and regrets, the debut album from West Coast hot property YG is the most ambitious hip-hop concept LP in a minute: a 24-hour ride where he gives detailed instruction on how to rob a home – then gives even more details about the consequences. Though he doesn't quite have the narrative zeal of Kendrick Lamar or Ice Cube, YG rides beats with a singsong flow that's instantly winning. And when those beats are the sproinging trampoline bounce of ratchet mastermind DJ Mustard, sounding like a lowrider fueled by Four Loko? Well, it's no surprise so much of this krazy story takes place at the party and in the bedroom.
My Krazy Life
- My Krazy Life
- Def Jam
From The Archives Issue 1205: March 27, 2014
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Cracked6 Bands That Reinvented Themselves To Get Famous
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- A Polygamist Cult's Last Stand: The Rise and Fall of Warren Jeffs
- Watch Triumph the Insult Comic Dog Slam Politically Correct Youth Voters
- Max Weinberg on 'River' Tour, What He Learned From Bruce Springsteen
- 'The People v. O.J. Simpson,' Episode 2: Our Fact-Checking Recap
- 40 Greatest TV Villains of All Time
- Stephen King on 'Dark Tower' Movie: 'It's Likely to Happen'
- Poll: Against Bernie Sanders, Donald Trump Would Get 'Schlonged'