On this most Old 97's-ish of Old 97's LPs, the hard-partying twang-punk quartet throw a 20th-birthday bash for themselves. In the tradition of boozy anniversaries, it begins with a victory speech: "Longer Than You've Been Alive" pays tribute to "20 good years of about 25," confessing, "Our jobs are all jobs/And sometimes they suck." Then it's yet another round of airtight songs celebrating life-as-sublime-train-wreck amid music that conjures the British Invasion landing in a Texas barroom. Special guest Tommy Stinson adds a shot of Replacements-style chaos to the mix, notably on "Let's Get Drunk & Get It On" – a balls-out anthem that sums up the 97's religion perfectly.
Most Messed Up
- Most Messed Up
- Old 97's
From The Archives Issue 1208: May 8, 2014
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
AskMenThe Top 99 Outstanding Women of 2015
Men's Journal12 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
The Daily BeastInside the Racy 'Sex Box' Reality Show
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
Salon5 Mysteries We Hope the “X-Files” Reboot Will Resolve
Cinema Blend10 Great Movies To Watch Before Netflix Gets Rid Of Them On April 1
- The Children of ISIS
- Zayn Malik Breaks Silence Following One Direction Split
- Rihanna Asserts Her Dominance on New Song 'Bitch Better Have My Money'
- Is This the Beginning of One Direction's End?
- Watch George Lucas Mock Fox News on 'The Daily Show'
- James Taylor's Mellow Rebirth: Inside 'Before This World'
- The Rise and Fall of Tower Records: Colin Hanks on His Tribute Doc
- 10 Things We Learned Spending Two Days With Bill Withers