For two decades, W. Cullen Hart of Athens, Georgia, has been one of indie rock's great psychedelic visionaries – recording two cult-classic LPs with the Olivia Tremor Control in the Nineties, then plunging even deeper into the dream with this band starting in 2001. Circulatory System's third proper album, their best since their debut, is a leisurely suite where kaleidoscopically sweet vocal melodies and folky instrumentation drift in and out of focus, occasionally resolving into songs that you'll swear you've been humming for years ("Do You Know What's Real?" "Elastic Empire Coronation"). At its best, Mosaics has all the magic of a bedroom-studio Smile.
Mosaics Within Mosaics
- Mosaics Within Mosaics
- Circulatory System
From The Archives Issue 1212: July 3, 2014
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mental FlossHow 12 Famous Rappers Picked Their Names
Cinema BlendThe 10 Highest-Grossing R-Rated Movies Of All Time
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Salon10 Famous Geniuses And Their Drugs Of Choice
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
- Watch John Oliver Explore Insanity of Standardized Testing
- Axl Rose Is Mad About Mayweather/Pacquiao, Demands 'Free-Match'
- Meet the Osbournes' Other Daughter, Synth-Pop Artist ARO
- Madonna Video Director to Helm Norwegian Black-Metal Movie
- The Hulk: The Last Angry Man
- Eric Clapton Celebrates 70th Birthday With All-Star New York Show
- Hear Jason Isbell's Nineties-Influenced New Single '24 Frames'
- Frances Bean Cobain on Life After Kurt's Death: An Exclusive Q&A