This collection of Michael Jackson retreads from the Motown era seems towalk the line between shameless cash grab and worthy tribute. Generally,the best cuts here stay close to the spirit of the originals: Of the threetakes on the Jackson 5's "Dancing Machine," one is great (Polow Da Don'sdisco-hip-hop celebration), and two ain't (overdone techno overhauls by DJsSteve Aoki and Paul Oakenfold). But there are exceptions. On producerSalaam Remi's outrageous reggae version of "ABC," Michael's junior JamesBrown testimony will make even purists grin like fools. In the end, Jacksonproves to be more mutable than maybe even he knew.
Michael Jackson: The Remix Suite
- Michael Jackson: The Remix Suite
- Michael Jackson
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked7 Famous Actors Who Lost Their Minds Getting Into Character
Mental Floss10 Actors Who Hated Their Own Films
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
MTV News6 Bands Named After Vaginas
SalonThe 15 Most Hated Bands Of The Last 30 Years
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
- 4 Pro-Gun Arguments We're Sick of Hearing
- Drake Debuts Polished Version of Beyonce Collaboration 'Can I'
- Miley Cyrus on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Have to See
- Watch Stephen Colbert's Powerful Monologue About Oregon Shooting
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- 20 Best TV Shows of 2015 So Far
- Miley Cyrus Brings Flaming Lips, 'Dead Petz' to 'SNL'
- Maynard James Keenan on New Book, Tool LP: 'Do I Seem Like a Lazy Person?'