On 2011's Revelator, slide-guitar prodigy Derek Trucks stepped into the role of family man: placing the jammy Derek Trucks Band on hiatus to team up with his wife, singer-guitarist Susan Tedeschi. The duo now co-front this sprawling Southern-rock outfit, whose second album combines funk, greasy blues and Memphis soul: beefier horn lines, snappier interplay between two drummers, and Tedeschi's rugged vocals. Trucks retrenches his six-string squeals in order to meld with the band, saving his dirtiest licks for the tempestuous plodder "The Storm" and the sucker-punch groove of "Do I Look Worried." The result is equal parts Stax and Muscle Shoals without the dilution of either.
Made Up Mind
- Made Up Mind
- Tedeschi Trucks Band
- Sony Masterworks
From The Archives Issue 1190: August 29, 2013
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
AskMenThe Top 99 Outstanding Women of 2015
Men's Journal12 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
The Daily BeastInside the Racy 'Sex Box' Reality Show
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
Salon5 Mysteries We Hope the “X-Files” Reboot Will Resolve
Cinema Blend10 Great Movies To Watch Before Netflix Gets Rid Of Them On April 1
- The Neverending Nightmare of Amanda Knox
- New Tupac Music From the Vaults Headed for Release
- The Children of ISIS
- James Taylor's Mellow Rebirth: Inside 'Before This World'
- 10 Things We Learned Spending Two Days With Bill Withers
- The Gangster Princess of Beverly Hills
- Zayn Malik Breaks Silence Following One Direction Split
- Rihanna Asserts Her Dominance on New Song 'Bitch Better Have My Money'