With its marital arguments, dramatic plot reversals and luxurious exteriors, this collaboration between two accomplished R&B sensualists is like a musical adaptation of Real Housewives of Atlanta. Both singers have been through failed marriages, and they know what it sounds like when love goes sour: "I hope she gives you a disease," Braxton seethes in the piano ballad "I Wish." The story bounces between rage and hopefulness before ending (spoiler alert!) in divorce. Few records have described marriage with so much honesty and complexity. Whatever you do, don't give this as an engagement present.
Love, Marriage & Divorce
- Love, Marriage & Divorce
- Toni Braxton and Babyface
From The Archives Issue 1208: May 8, 2014
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
- Leonardo DiCaprio's Movies, Ranked Worst to Best
- 17 Things You Learn Hanging Out With Adele
- The Oral History of the 'Wayne’s World' 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Scene
- America Is Too Dumb for TV News
- George Lucas Explains Controversial Greedo–Han Solo 'Star Wars' Edit
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Hear Sunn O)))'s 'Bright' Drone-Metal Return LP, 'Kannon'
- Kendrick Lamar, J. Cole Trade Beats for 'Black Friday' Surprise