With its marital arguments, dramatic plot reversals and luxurious exteriors, this collaboration between two accomplished R&B sensualists is like a musical adaptation of Real Housewives of Atlanta. Both singers have been through failed marriages, and they know what it sounds like when love goes sour: "I hope she gives you a disease," Braxton seethes in the piano ballad "I Wish." The story bounces between rage and hopefulness before ending (spoiler alert!) in divorce. Few records have described marriage with so much honesty and complexity. Whatever you do, don't give this as an engagement present.
Love, Marriage & Divorce
- Love, Marriage & Divorce
- Toni Braxton and Babyface
From The Archives Issue 1208: May 8, 2014
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
- 'Game of Thrones' Recap: Snow Day
- 'Obama Out': See President's Scathing Correspondents' Dinner Speech
- See Aretha Franklin Sing Prince's 'Purple Rain' at White House
- The Line That May Have Won Hillary Clinton the Nomination
- Paul McCartney Meets Women Who Inspired Beatles' 'Blackbird'
- Drake's New 'Views' Look All Too Familiar
- Watch Neon Trees' Tyler Glenn Slam Mormon Church in New Solo Video
- 'Purple Rain' Director Talks Prince's Weird, Wonderful Masterpiece