With its marital arguments, dramatic plot reversals and luxurious exteriors, this collaboration between two accomplished R&B sensualists is like a musical adaptation of Real Housewives of Atlanta. Both singers have been through failed marriages, and they know what it sounds like when love goes sour: "I hope she gives you a disease," Braxton seethes in the piano ballad "I Wish." The story bounces between rage and hopefulness before ending (spoiler alert!) in divorce. Few records have described marriage with so much honesty and complexity. Whatever you do, don't give this as an engagement present.
Love, Marriage & Divorce
- Love, Marriage & Divorce
- Toni Braxton and Babyface
From The Archives Issue 1208: May 8, 2014
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
DiffuserThe 10 Nastiest Feuds In Alternative Music
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Guitar WorldThe Beatles' 10 Greatest Guitar Moments
SalonThe 20 Most Underrated Albums Of All Time
Mental Floss11 Famous Actors Who Apologized for Their Own Movies
TestTubeHow Long Should Sex Last?
- Rupert Murdoch Is Deviant Scum
- Inside the Koch Brothers' Toxic Empire
- 10 Things We Learned From Elvis Costello's Brilliant New Memoir
- Hear Pharrell's Sultry Remix of A Tribe Called Quest's 'Bonita Applebum'
- The Billion View Club: YouTube's 10 Most Watched Videos
- Steven Spielberg's Movies, Ranked Worst to Best
- 5 Reasons Why Neil Young's Current Tour Is One of His Best in Decades
- Go Behind the Scenes of Bob Dylan's 'Highway 61 Revisited' Album Cover