With its marital arguments, dramatic plot reversals and luxurious exteriors, this collaboration between two accomplished R&B sensualists is like a musical adaptation of Real Housewives of Atlanta. Both singers have been through failed marriages, and they know what it sounds like when love goes sour: "I hope she gives you a disease," Braxton seethes in the piano ballad "I Wish." The story bounces between rage and hopefulness before ending (spoiler alert!) in divorce. Few records have described marriage with so much honesty and complexity. Whatever you do, don't give this as an engagement present.
Love, Marriage & Divorce
- Love, Marriage & Divorce
- Toni Braxton and Babyface
From The Archives Issue 1208: May 8, 2014
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal37 Things About Sex You Need to Know
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies Of All-Time According To Chris Rock
The Daily Beast7 Movies That Do BDSM Better Than ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’
Cinema Blend10 Great Movies To Watch Before Netflix Gets Rid Of Them On April 1
Salon10 Movie Stars Who Want to Be Rock Stars and Are Surprisingly Good
Men's JournalThe 101 Best Beers in America
- The Neverending Nightmare of Amanda Knox
- The Children of ISIS
- George Carlin's Website Relaunched With Rare Recordings
- New Tupac Music From the Vaults Headed for Release
- James Bond Haunted by Ghosts of His Past in 'Spectre' Teaser
- Ad-Rock Makes First Ever Solo Talk Show Visit to 'Tonight Show'
- 40 Greatest Sketch-Comedy TV Shows of All Time
- Rihanna Asserts Her Dominance on New Song 'Bitch Better Have My Money'