Bassist Will Lee has played almost everything with everybody as a first-call session musician and on your TV weeknights with David Letterman's house band. Famous friends appear here; ZZ Top's Billy Gibbons and Allen Toussaint add extra Texas and New Orleans to the latter's "Get Out of My Life Woman." But this album is Lee's show of diversity. He lets his bass do the leading with a deft vocal touch in the electric-Miles Davis setting of "Simple Way to Say I Love You." As a writer-singer, Lee then ties that grip on groove to his inner Beatlemaniac, hitting an intersection of the Average White Band and solo Paul McCartney in "Miss Understanding" and "Fooled Him."
Love, Gratitude and Other Distractions
- Love, Gratitude and Other Distractions
- Will Lee
- Sinning Saint
From The Archives Issue 1196: November 21, 2013
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
Diffuser27 of the Most Offensive Band Names Ever
Cracked5 Famous People Who Lost Everything (For Stupid Reasons)
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Slipknot's Corey Taylor Talks Combating Racism in Metal
- Sorry, Not Sorry: Watch 29 Celebs Perform Justin Bieber Hit
- Watch Johnny Depp Star in Funny or Die's Donald Trump Biopic
- Eagles Members, Jackson Browne Uniting for Glenn Frey Grammy Tribute
- A Polygamist Cult's Last Stand: The Rise and Fall of Warren Jeffs
- 10 Things We Learned From L.A. Reid's Juicy Tell-All
- Stephen King on 'Dark Tower' Movie: 'It's Likely to Happen'