Recorded last fall in Seattle, this mostly acoustic set might seem the requisite unplugged entry in Pearl Jam's everything-must-go series of live releases. But the album's warm, wizened feel and unusual set list are appropriate for souvenir-collecting obsessives and lapsed fans looking for a new take on Pearl Jam's substantial catalog. The band gets its strum on with surprisingly apt, deep-feeling selections — covers of Bob Dylan's "Masters of War" and Shel Silverstein's "25 Minutes to Go"; the originals "Dead Man" and "Fatal" — and responds to the hometown intimacy with uncluttered arrangements that give Eddie Vedder's brawny tenor room to breathe and roam.
Live: 10-22-03 Benaroya Hall
- Live: 10-22-03 Benaroya Hall
- Pearl Jam
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
SalonThe 19 Greatest Double Entendre Songs
VultureAll 169 Seinfeld Episodes, Ranked from Worst to Best
Guitar WorldThe 20 Best Rock Guitar Intros of All Time
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
Cracked7 Insane Things TV Shows Did When They Ran Out Of Money
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Watch Coldplay, Beyonce and Bruno Mars Rock Super Bowl 50 Halftime
- Super Bowl Halftime Shows Ranked: From Worst to Best
- Watch Lady Gaga Sing Stirring National Anthem at Super Bowl 50
- The Vampire Squid Tells Us How to Vote
- 100 Greatest Guitarists
- Larry David on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Have to See
- See Larry David's 'Bern Your Enthusiasm' 'SNL' Parody