Ne-Yo's latest is a concept album about crime-fighting "R&B superheroes," complete with a femme fatale and a thing called the Libra Scale — a device that measures the weights of money, power, fame and love. If you find that hard to follow, no matter: Just listen to the music. Ne-Yo has crafted an epic full of party songs, beatific ballads and throbbing spy-movie club music. It's lavish disco; the songs are cinematic in scope but have the unshakable hooks of great pop. If that formula sounds like a certain recently deceased R&B superhero — well, that's no coincidence. The real "concept" here is: Michael Jackson tribute album. And a damn good one.
- Libra Scale
- Island Def Jam
From The Archives Issue 1118: November 25, 2010
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
Guitar WorldThe 30 Most Badass Guitarists of All Time
DiffuserThe 10 Nastiest Feuds In Alternative Music
Mental Floss7 Movies That Sent People Running Out of Theaters
SalonTop 11 'SNL' Political Sketches Of All Time
CrackedThe 18 Most Baffling Lines Of Dialogue In Movie History
- Keith Richards on Getting Busted, Zeppelin and Stones’ Future
- Frank Zappa's Widow Gail Zappa Dead at 70
- Vote for the 2016 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductees
- Inside the Wesleyan Molly Bust
- Watch Ronda Rousey Threaten Ken Jeong for Spoiling 'Game of Thrones'
- Watch Exhilarating Trailer for Rush's Concert Film 'R40 Live'
- Inside Michael Jackson’s Iconic First Moonwalk Onstage
- Readers' Poll: 10 Acts That Should Enter the Hall of Fame in 2016