"Fall out of bed and catch a fading star/Fancy I woke up before my alarm," Jason Mraz sings over bouncy strumming on "Hello, You Beautiful Thing." The adult-contemporary singer has won huge success radiating glazed contentment on songs like his reggae-tinged 2008 hit "I'm Yours." His fifth LP is his most serenely psyched yet, an acoustic set full of bright, clean folk pop delivered with yoga-bro positivity. There's a somber, nearly a cappella take on the Motown oldie "It's So Hard to Say Goodbye to Yesterday," and "Quiet" laments suburban sprawl – but those are rare chin-down moments for a guy who makes Jack Johnson look like Ian Curtis.
- Jason Mraz
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
SpinThe 50 Best Rock Bands Right Now
Mental FlossWhere Are 10 Key Players in The O.J. Simpson Trial Now?
Diffuser27 of the Most Offensive Band Names Ever
Cracked5 Famous People Who Lost Everything (For Stupid Reasons)
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Rick Rubin: My Life in 21 Songs
- Watch Kanye West's 'The Life of Pablo' Album Livestream
- The Koch Brothers' Dirty War on Solar Power
- Bruce Springsteen's 'The River': Steven Van Zandt Looks Back
- See New Video for Jeff Buckley's Smiths Cover 'I Know It's Over'
- Ace Frehley Announces New LP, 'White Room' Cover, Paul Stanley Reunion
- A Polygamist Cult's Last Stand: The Rise and Fall of Warren Jeffs