"Fall out of bed and catch a fading star/Fancy I woke up before my alarm," Jason Mraz sings over bouncy strumming on "Hello, You Beautiful Thing." The adult-contemporary singer has won huge success radiating glazed contentment on songs like his reggae-tinged 2008 hit "I'm Yours." His fifth LP is his most serenely psyched yet, an acoustic set full of bright, clean folk pop delivered with yoga-bro positivity. There's a somber, nearly a cappella take on the Motown oldie "It's So Hard to Say Goodbye to Yesterday," and "Quiet" laments suburban sprawl – but those are rare chin-down moments for a guy who makes Jack Johnson look like Ian Curtis.
- Jason Mraz
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Famous Movies That Were Insane Parties Behind the Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Offensive TV Shows Of All Time
Diffuser10 Best Album Closing Tracks
Mental Floss20 Things You Didn’t Know About Pulp Fiction
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
SalonSecrets Of The Female Pickup Artist
- The Republicans Are Now Officially the Party of White Paranoia
- Can We Talk? Joan Rivers' 10 Best Jokes
- The Real 'Dear Prudence' on Meeting Beatles in India
- Conservative Heads Explode Over Kentucky's Bigoted County Clerk
- The Point of No Return: Climate Change Nightmares Are Already Here
- Merle Haggard Laments New Country Music About 'Screwing on a Tailgate'
- Billy Corgan on Donald Trump: He's 'Running Chaos Theory'
- Alice Cooper and Joe Perry on Hollywood Vampires' Drunk History