Trained as a gospel singer, Jessica Simpson long ago learned subtlety was at direct odds with testifying. Judging by Skin, her third album, it's a lesson she's still working through. Her powerful voice is done a disservice by insipid songwriting and arrangements — as on the loathsome club track "Forbidden Fruit" and the uncomfortably stately ballad "You Don't Have to Let Go" — that consistently get in the way of her pipes.
In This Skin
- In This Skin
- Jessica Simpson
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
- 'Obama Out': See President's Scathing Correspondents' Dinner Speech
- See Aretha Franklin Sing Prince's 'Purple Rain' at White House
- Paul McCartney Meets Women Who Inspired Beatles' 'Blackbird'
- Drake's New 'Views' Look All Too Familiar
- Deep Purple Guitarist Ritchie Blackmore Won't Attend Hall of Fame Ceremony
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Watch Neon Trees' Tyler Glenn Slam Mormon Church in New Solo Video
- Radiohead Send Mysterious 'Burn the Witch' Leaflet to Fans