The title is bullshit – the kind people spit when dodging pain. "I hate music/What is it worth?/It can't bring anyone back to this Earth," snarls Mac McCaughan on "Me & You & Jackie Mittoo," an indie-rock reverie for fallen friends that name-checks the late Jamaican songsmith. Yet the music sounds like a grunged-up Partridge Family hit. So goes the follow-up to the 'Chunk's 2010 comeback, Majesty Shredding: rock vets fighting demons with delicious noise and sugar-crusted hooks as darkness falls. "Staying Home" is 1:15 of full-on-hardcore, mosh-pit-ready agoraphobia; "Overflows" adds "ooh-oohs" to a rant about being buried in data that "piles up like magazines." Sorrow doesn't stand a chance.
I Hate Music
- I Hate Music
From The Archives Issue 1190: August 29, 2013
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mental Floss5 Movies That Got Their Filmmakers Arrested
Cinema BlendTop 10 Steamiest Sex Scenes
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Salon10 Famous Geniuses And Their Drugs Of Choice
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies of All-Time According to Chris Rock
- David Letterman's Top 10 Musical Moments
- Watch Willie Nelson Talk Songwriting Legacy, Indestructible Guitars on 'Daily Show'
- Noel Gallagher Sounds Off on Tidal, Zayn Malik and Same-Sex Marriage
- Watch John Oliver Explore Insanity of Standardized Testing
- David Letterman Says Goodbye: Inside Rolling Stone's New Issue
- Mayor Bill de Blasio's Crusade
- 9 Things We Learned From the Kurt Cobain Doc 'Montage of Heck'
- Watch Jimmy Fallon, Jack Black Remake Extreme's 'More Than Words' Video