The title is bullshit – the kind people spit when dodging pain. "I hate music/What is it worth?/It can't bring anyone back to this Earth," snarls Mac McCaughan on "Me & You & Jackie Mittoo," an indie-rock reverie for fallen friends that name-checks the late Jamaican songsmith. Yet the music sounds like a grunged-up Partridge Family hit. So goes the follow-up to the 'Chunk's 2010 comeback, Majesty Shredding: rock vets fighting demons with delicious noise and sugar-crusted hooks as darkness falls. "Staying Home" is 1:15 of full-on-hardcore, mosh-pit-ready agoraphobia; "Overflows" adds "ooh-oohs" to a rant about being buried in data that "piles up like magazines." Sorrow doesn't stand a chance.
I Hate Music
- I Hate Music
From The Archives Issue 1190: August 29, 2013
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked7 Famous Actors Who Lost Their Minds Getting Into Character
Mental Floss10 Actors Who Hated Their Own Films
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
MTV News6 Bands Named After Vaginas
SalonThe 15 Most Hated Bands Of The Last 30 Years
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
- 4 Pro-Gun Arguments We're Sick of Hearing
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- New Sam Smith Bond Theme Video Reveals 'Spectre' Footage
- Drake Debuts Polished Version of Beyonce Collaboration 'Can I'
- Donald Trump Just Stopped Being Funny
- 500 Greatest Songs of All Time
- How Radiohead Shocked the World: A 15th-Anniversary Salute to 'Kid A'
- 20 Best TV Shows of 2015 So Far