Don't be fooled by their retro threads and the the in their name: The Killers threaten to pry dance rock from the steely grip of hipsterdom and thrust it unrepentantly into the mainstream. The Rapture are artier, and Franz Ferdinand are more, well, Scottish, but this Las Vegas band has actual pop songs — in spades. A nightclub anthem in the making, the acid-tongued "Somebody Told Me" blasts into outer space on a wave of synthesizers and singer Brandon Flowers' cheeky chorus: "Somebody told me you had a boyfriend/Who looked like a girlfriend/That I had in February of last year." "Jenny Was a Friend of Mine" comes on like classic Duran Duran, all snaking bass lines and Flowers' elegantly wasted vocals — part ironic detachment, part fake-British-accent, part throat-shredding wail. This album is all Killers, no filler.
- Hot Fuss
- The Killers
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
Guitar WorldThe 13 Creepiest Album Covers of All Time
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
Guitar WorldThe 10 Best Stage Names of All Time
SalonThe 7 Most Offensive TV Shows Of All Time
Men's Journal9 Traits That Attract Women
- Watch Bruce Springsteen's Surprise Performance With U2
- Up in the Air: Meet the Man Who Flies Around the World for Free
- Hear Drake Demolish Meek Mill on 'Back to Back' Freestyle
- Derek Zoolander Can't Grasp Movie Title in Hilarious 'Zoolander 2' Teaser
- Tom Brady: Sympathy for the Devil
- Watch Lauryn Hill's Show-Stopping 'Feeling Good' on 'Tonight Show'
- Meek Mill Fires Back at Drake With 'Wanna Know'
- Eminem Reveals How Drug Use Led to Weight Gain, Recovery