Guitar Heaven reprises the cameo-heavy formula Carlos Santana has used since 1999's Supernatural, only this time the celeb vocalists lay into an assortment of classic-rock covers. The performances are mostly faithful to the originals, and Chris Daughtry gives Def Leppard's "Photograph" a credible kick. But only about half the songs get any traction — "Back in Black," where Nas rhymes beside anonymous rock-chick vocals, sounds like a Super Bowl halftime show. The best turn is from a smaller name: India.Arie, who finds the soul in "While My Guitar Gently Weeps." As for Santana? Smooth, as usual.
Guitar Heaven: The Greatest Guitar Classics of All Time
- Guitar Heaven: The Greatest Guitar Classics of All Time
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast20 Things You Didn’t Know About Pulp Fiction
SalonThe 13 Most Cringeworthy Sex Scenes in ‘Girls’
The Daily BeastInside New York’s Most Elite Sex Party
Salon10 Songs with Hidden Drug References
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
- Bloodied Van Halen Play Wild, Reckless Set on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- 15 Best Lines From Justin Bieber's Roast
- Rolling Stones Announce Summer Tour, 'Sticky Fingers' Reissue
- 10 Things We Learned From Scientology Doc 'Going Clear'
- 5 Things We Learned From 'Walking Dead''s Season 5 Finale
- Joni Mitchell Hospitalized in Los Angeles
- 'WWE Raw': Brock Lesnar vs. the World
- Don't #Beliebe the Hype: Inside Justin Bieber's Roast