Guitar Heaven reprises the cameo-heavy formula Carlos Santana has used since 1999's Supernatural, only this time the celeb vocalists lay into an assortment of classic-rock covers. The performances are mostly faithful to the originals, and Chris Daughtry gives Def Leppard's "Photograph" a credible kick. But only about half the songs get any traction — "Back in Black," where Nas rhymes beside anonymous rock-chick vocals, sounds like a Super Bowl halftime show. The best turn is from a smaller name: India.Arie, who finds the soul in "While My Guitar Gently Weeps." As for Santana? Smooth, as usual.
Guitar Heaven: The Greatest Guitar Classics of All Time
- Guitar Heaven: The Greatest Guitar Classics of All Time
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked6 TV Spin-Off Story Lines That Ruined The Originals
Guitar WorldThe 20 Creepiest Album Covers of All Time
DiffuserRock Stars' Kids Who Rock
Mental Floss21 Things You Might Not Know About 'Dazed and Confused'
DiffuserThe 12 Most Shocking Crimes In Rock History
Cracked5 Cover Songs Better Than The Original
- The Endless Fall of Suge Knight
- Grateful Dead End 50-Year Career With Moving, Magnificent Final Show
- Van Halen Play Nice, Shred Hard at High-Energy Tour Opener
- Obama Is on a Roll, But Is His Presidency?
- NBA Free Agency: How the Spurs Swung LaMarcus Aldridge
- 'It's Come Back to Haunt Them': Flag Historian on the Confederate Flag
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- 20 Lost Kim Kardashian Pop Culture Moments