This New York band's brash second album rages with the upbeat, beat-wise humor that hard rock has suppressed ever since grunge. "Heaven Knows" and "Why'd You Bring a Shotgun to the Party" are full-on glam stomps about troubled teens; other tracks steal back what Carrie Underwood country and Marilyn Manson industrial took from hair metal. Titillation's part of the game, for sure, but singer Taylor Momsen – best known for her acting on Gossip Girl – also belts out reams of Catholic guilt. One song, riding a pistonlike "Edge of Seventeen" pulse, is called "Absolution"; "Going to Hell" has its own confession-booth scene. Father, forgive her.
Going to Hell
- Going to Hell
- The Pretty Reckless
- Razor & Tie
From The Archives Issue 1205: March 27, 2014
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
Guitar WorldThe 13 Creepiest Album Covers of All Time
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
Guitar WorldThe 10 Best Stage Names of All Time
SalonThe 7 Most Offensive TV Shows Of All Time
Men's Journal9 Traits That Attract Women
- Up in the Air: Meet the Man Who Flies Around the World for Free
- Hear Drake Demolish Meek Mill on 'Back to Back' Freestyle
- 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper Dead at 61
- Watch Bruce Springsteen's Surprise Performance With U2
- Meek Mill's Drake Diss 'Is Trash': Sports World Reacts to 'Wanna Know'
- Watch Lauryn Hill's Show-Stopping 'Feeling Good' on 'Tonight Show'
- Tom Brady: Sympathy for the Devil
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time