This New York band's brash second album rages with the upbeat, beat-wise humor that hard rock has suppressed ever since grunge. "Heaven Knows" and "Why'd You Bring a Shotgun to the Party" are full-on glam stomps about troubled teens; other tracks steal back what Carrie Underwood country and Marilyn Manson industrial took from hair metal. Titillation's part of the game, for sure, but singer Taylor Momsen – best known for her acting on Gossip Girl – also belts out reams of Catholic guilt. One song, riding a pistonlike "Edge of Seventeen" pulse, is called "Absolution"; "Going to Hell" has its own confession-booth scene. Father, forgive her.
Going to Hell
- Going to Hell
- The Pretty Reckless
- Razor & Tie
From The Archives Issue 1205: March 27, 2014
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
AskMenThe Top 99 Outstanding Women of 2015
Men's Journal12 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
The Daily BeastInside the Racy 'Sex Box' Reality Show
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
Salon5 Mysteries We Hope the “X-Files” Reboot Will Resolve
Cinema Blend10 Great Movies To Watch Before Netflix Gets Rid Of Them On April 1
- The Neverending Nightmare of Amanda Knox
- New Tupac Music From the Vaults Headed for Release
- The Children of ISIS
- Zayn Malik Breaks Silence Following One Direction Split
- James Taylor's Mellow Rebirth: Inside 'Before This World'
- 10 Things We Learned Spending Two Days With Bill Withers
- Weekend Rock Question: What's the Best Van Halen Album?
- Ben Stiller's High School Garage Band Sets Album Release