This New York band's brash second album rages with the upbeat, beat-wise humor that hard rock has suppressed ever since grunge. "Heaven Knows" and "Why'd You Bring a Shotgun to the Party" are full-on glam stomps about troubled teens; other tracks steal back what Carrie Underwood country and Marilyn Manson industrial took from hair metal. Titillation's part of the game, for sure, but singer Taylor Momsen – best known for her acting on Gossip Girl – also belts out reams of Catholic guilt. One song, riding a pistonlike "Edge of Seventeen" pulse, is called "Absolution"; "Going to Hell" has its own confession-booth scene. Father, forgive her.
Going to Hell
- Going to Hell
- The Pretty Reckless
- Razor & Tie
From The Archives Issue 1205: March 27, 2014
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked7 Famous Actors Who Lost Their Minds Getting Into Character
Mental Floss10 Actors Who Hated Their Own Films
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
MTV News6 Bands Named After Vaginas
SalonThe 15 Most Hated Bands Of The Last 30 Years
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
- 4 Pro-Gun Arguments We're Sick of Hearing
- Miley Cyrus on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Have to See
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Watch Stephen Colbert's Powerful Monologue About Oregon Shooting
- Drake Debuts Polished Version of Beyonce Collaboration 'Can I'
- The Impossible Rise of Nyjah Huston
- 20 Best TV Shows of 2015 So Far
- How Radiohead Shocked the World: A 15th-Anniversary Salute to 'Kid A'