In recent years, post-hardcore extroverts Fucked Up have proved there's more to them than confrontation, incorporating quasi-indie flourishes and lyrical headiness. Their fourth LP feels like their most serious yet – but that doesn't mean they've matured. Burly frontman Damian Abraham still remains furiously raw as he compares his expectations as a young screamer to his current lot on tracks like "Echo Boomer," and the band's triple-thick guitar assault still feels like a modern take on the caffeinated anxiety of Hüsker Dü and Wire. At their best, Glass Boys' insights and invective capture what it's like to mosh into your thirties, in all their confusion, responsibility and need for throat spray.
- Glass Boys
- Fucked Up
From The Archives Issue 1210: June 5, 2014
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Cracked6 Bands That Reinvented Themselves To Get Famous
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- A Polygamist Cult's Last Stand: The Rise and Fall of Warren Jeffs
- 40 Greatest TV Villains of All Time
- 'Daily Show' Defends Beyonce's Super Bowl Performance, Slams Haters
- Watch the Tanner Family Reunite in First 'Fuller House' Trailer
- Alice Cooper on His Dinner With David Bowie and Ray Bradbury
- Watch Seal, Ewan McGregor, Gary Oldman Lead David Bowie Tribute
- Stephen King on 'Dark Tower' Movie: 'It's Likely to Happen'