This compilation of Dylan songs recorded by international acts in a wild array of music styles may put some of his fans off: The singing is mostly non-English, and the original melodies, variously transposed, can be hard to recognize. But Dylan himself loves obscuring words and tunes. The Musicians of the Nile version of "Tangled Up in Blue" that appears here, chanted over Arabic rababah fiddle, even showed up in his 2003 film Masked and Anonymous. Listen closely, and you'll hear a fascinating dialogue.
From Another World
- From Another World
- Various Artists
From The Archives Issue 1206: April 10, 2014
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
Diffuser27 of the Most Offensive Band Names Ever
Cracked5 Famous People Who Lost Everything (For Stupid Reasons)
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- A Polygamist Cult's Last Stand: The Rise and Fall of Warren Jeffs
- Kanye West Announces Album's Final Title, 'The Life of Pablo,' Track List
- Eagles Members, Jackson Browne Uniting for Glenn Frey Grammy Tribute
- Watch Johnny Depp Star in Funny or Die's Donald Trump Biopic
- 10 Things We Learned From L.A. Reid's Juicy Tell-All
- Slipknot's Corey Taylor Talks Combating Racism in Metal
- Stephen King on 'Dark Tower' Movie: 'It's Likely to Happen'